Good CD copyer

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Cocksure, Mar 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Cocksure

Cocksure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    Hi all,
    This isnt really an Arcam question (i cant seem to find anywhere on this site to ask it) but you are all such nice people that i was hoping someone might be able to help.:)
    Having recently upgraded all my stuff (god bless ebay!) i've come to the conclusion that my MD player is no longer up to the job compared to CD's and would love to upgrade the CD player. However there is little point in me upgrading the CD player if i'm not able to make high quality CD copys first of tracks that i like (like i have done with MD) and i was wondering if anyone new any good CD copyers out there? (or discontinued models) as there seems to be very few around. I did look at going down the PC route, but it does not really appeal to me.
    Lizard

2. peterpatch

peterpatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I don't know if there are any reviews for it, but the Denon CDRW1500 Twin CD Recorder could be an option. Superfi stock them.:hiya:

3. 803cd

803cd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pioneer pdr609

4. Cocksure

Cocksure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    The pioneer PDR 609 looks exactly like what i am after, thanks 803cd do you know if the 509 is any good also as their are a couple on ebay at the mo?
    Thanks for the response peterpatch, its just that i have been advised by different dealers etc not to go for the denon, as it made by a different company with a denon badge on it.
    Lizard

5. 803cd

803cd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry don't know anything about 509. 609 is very good - we've had for a few years and have been very happy with it

6. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yep. I can agree, the PDR609 is a very good recorder. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the 509, but you should be able to get your hands on a 609 quite cheap. I think I got mine for £180 (£100 of the rrp) just as they came out, from my local Smythe & Barrie.

Have a look around, and don't forget to haggle!

7. Cocksure

Cocksure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    Thanks for the response, i've found out since i posted on here last that the 509 got very high reviews and that the 609 is simply an updated model of the 509. However as there seems to be no shortage of either models on ebay, then i might as well go for the latest model, the 609.

8. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Both the 509 and 609 are great. The only difference I noticed is the 609 will finalize a burnt cd in about half the time which probably saves about 2 minutes. If I were you I'd pick up whichever you can find the best price on.