Good Camera Phone for newbie

fredp

Standard Member
I have never owned a UK mobile phone (and don't realy need one) but I would like one that I could put a Turkish sim card in to use abroad & just use in the UK for emergencies maybe a couple of times year. So I'm realy looking at the quality of the camera and only need a basic phone. Can anyone give some suggestions please.

Baked

Novice Member
May as well get a decent camera and a £10 phone. Will probably suit you better.

RobM

Distinguished Member
May as well get a decent camera and a £10 phone. Will probably suit you better.
I'd agree with this entirely. You can get a basic mobile for tiny amounts of money that will do a decent job for use just a few times a year. In fact, CarPhoneWarehouse have one for 94p if you buy it with £10 of calling credit!

Combine that with even a low-end standalone camera and the end results will be far greater than a cameraphone.

Baked

Novice Member
I can certainly see the attraction of an all in one device but if you want a good camera, then camera phones can't really compete. Lacking in decent flash and optical zoom. Ok for the occasional snap but not worthy of large albums.

fredp

Standard Member
OK the first thing is I didn't say I wanted anything "cheap" and the reason I want a phone with a camera is I do not want to carry 2 devices, the phone will be used quite a lot abroad but not a lot in the UK.

Baked

Novice Member
Nokia N8 or Sony Ericsson Vivaz/ Xperia X10 are probably regarded as the best camera phones.

RobM

Distinguished Member
OK the first thing is I didn't say I wanted anything "cheap" and the reason I want a phone with a camera is I do not want to carry 2 devices, the phone will be used quite a lot abroad but not a lot in the UK.
Even with an endless budget, you wont find a cameraphone that can truly compete with a standalone camera at pretty much all pricepoints.

I'm a really big fan of all-in-one devices, but camera quality just isn't there yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom