1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Cables (Not Overpriced Monster)

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jaycook, Apr 3, 2005.

1. jaycook

jaycook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK.. we all know Monster Cables are overpriced, but what are some good alternatives for Composite Audio/Video Hookup??? I tried going the cheap way with Generic Cables with RCA Ends and was getting interference like crazy on my TV when I hooked them up to my DVR and to the DVD Player....I know it was the cheap cables because when I unhooked them, the interference went away. This is for the DVR and DVD Recorder in the Den and I really don't want to pay big $$ for Monster Cables down there...The cables need to be 13-15' and I need to go 2 ways --one set 15' one way and the other set 15' the other way(don't ask...it's a long story), so you know Monster Cables at that length are going to cost $$$. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated...Thanks!!! :lease:

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
  3. jaycook

jaycook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Joe...I'll check both those sites...and I know this is a UK site, but I usually get great info here and like the friendliness...that's why I asked here... :thumbsup:

4. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    this may be an UK sight but an international as well if i were you i will seriously check bluejeanscable as well i got my cables from there same stuff are on another website called www.ramelectronics.net but they are very difficult to deal with but this might be only for international purchases
    i believe Kurt from bluejeans can help you out

regards