Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Good Cables (Not Overpriced Monster)

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jaycook, Apr 3, 2005.

1. jaycook

jaycook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK.. we all know Monster Cables are overpriced, but what are some good alternatives for Composite Audio/Video Hookup??? I tried going the cheap way with Generic Cables with RCA Ends and was getting interference like crazy on my TV when I hooked them up to my DVR and to the DVD Player....I know it was the cheap cables because when I unhooked them, the interference went away. This is for the DVR and DVD Recorder in the Den and I really don't want to pay big $$ for Monster Cables down there...The cables need to be 13-15' and I need to go 2 ways --one set 15' one way and the other set 15' the other way(don't ask...it's a long story), so you know Monster Cables at that length are going to cost $$$. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated...Thanks!!! :lease:

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,085
  3. jaycook

jaycook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Joe...I'll check both those sites...and I know this is a UK site, but I usually get great info here and like the friendliness...that's why I asked here... :thumbsup:

4. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    this may be an UK sight but an international as well if i were you i will seriously check bluejeanscable as well i got my cables from there same stuff are on another website called www.ramelectronics.net but they are very difficult to deal with but this might be only for international purchases
    i believe Kurt from bluejeans can help you out

regards