1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Budget Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tintin, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Tintin

Tintin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would anyone have any suggestions on a good & reliable budget player?

Thanks.

2. clone

clone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would recommend the LG3200E at £149 (dabs.com) or £199 multiregion (Techtronics or Upgrade Heaven).
    It has no problems playing any current discs.
    Remote is well laid out (and compatible with learning remotes)
    Auto switches tv to wide mode.
    Doesn't have a noisy drive.

Otherwise the Wharfedale 750S is a good buy (tescodirect)at £179 multiregion by remote hack.

3. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    My thoughts on this that I have posted before are based on getting hold on a machine that started off as a midrange machine and then became budget as newer models came out. I would think that most people would agree that these would be better than those that start out at 149.00 and are made by inferior manufacturers. I have seen my own machine (Tosh 2109) advertised for 199.00. It is a bargain at this, and definitely better than buying a cheaper brand of machine. Consider it.

4. clone

clone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba 2109 is a budget player (it was the cheapest in their range).For £200 you can do better (they don't plat RCE discs).
    How about Pioneer's new 530 ,its only £169+vat (£199) multiregion from Techtronics.Its the new version of the 525 (very well reviewed).