Quantcast

Good Blu Rays

BluWarfareHD09

Anyone got any suggestion for good blu rays by good I mean story, effects, sound and general picture quality. Some nice films for the holiday wouldnt go a miss, thought I'd ask as tomorro is the last day I can pop into town and pick a few to enjoy over christmas. Thanks in advance

I've got about 200 now (many people on this site will more than likely have over 1000 no though!) and the best for purely the audio / visual experience are Transformers, Iron-Man and Van Helsing.

Daredevil is a great disc for sound but I know that is a film that divides opinion.

Best bet is to just buy films that you enjoy - almost all blu rays have a better picture than the dvd equivalent and the HD soundtracks are great if you have a HD 5.1 sound system.

Garrett

Daredevil is a great disc for sound but I know that is a film that divides opinion.
Th version on disc is the extended version which is better than the regular screened one, most people agree with that.
Part of Daredevil was used as a demo disc for the sound the bit where he first notices his powers first.

Pikaia

Standard Member
wall e is a nice film for the xmas time, and a stunning job has being done with it all round. iron man is another class one.

roymunsen

I made my mistakes with dvd, buying discs for 'demo' purposes. Ended up with a massive collection that never gets used.
My rule for blu's - under a tenner and will it get watched at least twice in the next 12 months. I may break the rule if it's a favourite.

bosque

Novice Member
its like asking what sort of films should i be watching???
That's exactly what the OP is asking - if you've ever worked in a rental shop you'd be amazed at how many people ask the assistant for "a good movie which I would like", and then complain on return they didn't like it.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
if you've ever worked in a rental shop you'd be amazed at how many people ask the assistant for "a good movie which I would like", and then complain on return they didn't like it.
I worked in a video store from '97-'99 and you're not wrong.

I quite liked the idiots that would come back and rant "Here, mate! That wasn't in English!"

No! Really? The big sticker that says 'SUBTITLED' didn't give the game away?

Last edited: