• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Good, basic phone....

karlbbb

Standard Member
...hi all.

Contract up for renewal etc in the coming month, but I'm really stuck for which phone to get. I'm not after anything fancy, just something with a nice keyboard for texting, a high-res display, but most of all, the best battery life possible.

I don't need an amazing camera, but I do like to take occasional pictures out with friends etc. I'm not a fan of touch screens, I like buttons please. If a phone has lots of features such as 3G etc, but gives me good battery life as I want, then that's fine, but I don't specifically NEED these features.

I'm pretty much stuck with Orange as my house is a signal blackspot for anything other than Orange. Stupid hills!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Karl.:hiya:

thewul

Established Member
as above, but perhaps the slide version or the nokia 6300 are good simple phones

nokia n82 or new samsung soul are better phones and should have ok battery life with bluetooth off etc.:)

best advice would be to call to an orange shop and get one in your hands

RobM

Distinguished Member
6300, 6500 Classic and 6500 Slide are all perfect for your requirements.

Funny really, as I've had a 6300 for about 18 months. I used it daily for ages before buying something more feature packed. Since then I've changed phones loads of times and keep coming back to the 6300 between phones and never feel short changed and always smile at what a great phone it is :)

I've just sold my iPhone on AVF last night, so today I'm using the 6300. I was going to go straight out and buy a new phone, but the 6300 is doing exactly what I need so well, there is no point.

The 6500 Classic is pretty much the same bar a few nice tweaks (slimmer, 1GB memory etc) and the 6500 Slide doesn't have the built in 1GB memory but has a much, much better camera and 3G.

But in all three cases they are excellent phones that do all the basics extremely well! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom