1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good, bad or ugly

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by nick501, May 15, 2005.

1. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Just how good/bad do xbox games look on a 32" lcd tv. I 've seen a few conflicting reports, so if you have both an xbox and 32" lcd please tell me how they look. Also I've heard That games look better on a smaller LCD screens, is this true?

Thanks

2. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my Modded Xbox running on my 30" Sharp LCD and I can honestly say that it blows away any other TV I have had.

I went through about 10 CRT sets over the last 2 years, each one had different problems. Finally decided to go for an LCD and have never looked back.

Apart from Blacks not being true Black I simply cant fault it. Games running at 720p HI-DEF blow me away each time I see them.

3. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Thanks for the reply, but whats it's like 'unchipped'

4. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest the Xbox is carbage as standard !!.

My PS2 using a crappy RGB lead was supurb, the Xbox through Scart was a blurry mess in comparison. This was the main reason I got mine chipped, 95% of UK games run in 480P progressive scan through component cable and a few run in HI-DEF. its like looking at a PC game, its pin sharp.

With Microsoft anouncing Xbox 360 for release later this year, with every game supporting 720P HI-DEF, you really need to get an LCD screen.

I cant recommend the Sharps enough, very well built and great pictures. They have a new range coming out late summer.

5. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Nick501 did you have any specific 32" LCDs in mind?

Ive made a call to SevenOaks in Brum, asking them to give me a call when they get the 32LD7200 in stock. Im going to take my Xbox with RGB and component lead down to see how games perform.

Ive heard good reports on the Hitachi from a fella called Piln, and hes using it for exactly the same sources that I will, e.g. Xbox Hi-Def, GameCube RGB and DVDs.

Games will probably look better on smaller screens because the distance between pixels will usually appear smaller to your eye (but that all depends on how far away you sit anyway).

6. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I was thinking toshiba 32wl56. Having some doubts again now.

7. JaneFletcher

JaneFletcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Jerkyboy, I run a modded PAL xbox through a 32" LCD. Obvilously to use the digital cable I had to change it over to NTSC using the enigma stuff and although XBMC looks amazing at 720p, my PAL xbox games have a stuffed aspect ratio. How do you get on with yours ? Does this mean I should now buy NTSC games as my xbox has to stay in NTSC mode ?

Forza for example has squashed cars (some people dont notice the wrong aspect ratio but I think it looks terrible).

Opinions ?