• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Good AVI Player

T800

Prominent Member
I'm looking for a cheap DVD player that plays AVI files and has good picture quality from Component/VGA on a projector.
At the moment I have a:
Denon 1920 (good picture but doesn't diplay the fullscreen and can't fast forward AVI's)
Momitsu V880 (poor picture through Component on PJ, crap remote and can't fast forward).
Denon 2800MKII (Unresponsive remote, very picky and can't fast forward).

Any idea's ?

Drew2

Established Member
T800 said:
Momitsu V880 (poor picture through Component on PJ, crap remote and can't fast forward).

Get youself a DVI-I to VGA cable, the RGBHV is a lot more nicer than the component PQ and you can also set it up for 1:1 pixel mapping with your PJ:smashin:

T800

Prominent Member
Drew2 said:
Get youself a DVI-I to VGA cable, the RGBHV is a lot more nicer than the component PQ and you can also set it up for 1:1 pixel mapping with your PJ:smashin:

I have had the Momitsu set up using both DVI and VGA but the remote causes problems not only is it crap it also controls my Pioneer amp which causes problems.

The Pioneer looks good but doesn't keep the position of what you were watching when you turn it off.

T800

Prominent Member
Bump

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom