1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good 5.1 or Average 7.1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Stellavision, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    In my ever long conquest to **** my wife off, I am again looking at an upgrade. this time in the form of KEF TDM 34DS THX Surround Speakers.
    The problem is 2 of these wouldn't match my Mission M7D's I would like to keep as my back surrounds.
    Shock horror, they look really different!!:eek: (says the missus)
    These Kefs are obviously quality speakers and I am contemplating for now trying pursuasion on the lines of, lets go to quality 5.1 with the Kefs, or stay 7.1 with the average Missions.

What to do???:confused:

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I find myself quite happy with quality 5.1...... but many feel the need for 7.1 in any form

ad

3. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Quality 5.1 every time for me. I should probably experiment with 6.1, as I've got a spare matching rear (only a sony satellite) that I've not hooked up yet. Truth be told I can't be bothered to go into the on screen menu. I don't have a TV, so it's a pain in the bum to have to borrow a semi-portable one from my flatmate :p

4. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Just realized that the Kefs are 4 Ohm speakers so, similar to the dilema I had wanting M&K K4's, the 4 ohm load is unsuitable for my Pioneer 2011.
    If anyone else is interested in these Kef 34Ds there is a black pair HERE on Ebay presently at £255 with a day and a half to go.
    Looks like I'll be keeping my 7.1 setup.:)