Good 46inch TV £1300 Max

xware

Standard Member
Reaction score
So looking to buy a new 46 inch (or more) TV to replace my sony wega crt. Want the standard stuff- freeview HD,1080p but i would ideally like 100hz or 200hz (the latter is more prefferable). Dont mind LED or LCD or even 3d (wouldnt use 3d at all tbh) but just want a really good picture. Its hard to compare all these tv's avaiable (havnt had too much time lately) so i was wondering if there are any particular sets which suit my need well?

PS: I dont want plasma-rooms too bright (has to be said, no offence)

What are the uses for the TV other than HD Freeview and what sort of stuff do you want. Why keen on 200hz, it seems there is no real benefit versus 100hz

Think Vickster is thinking the same as me, gaming, lag is generally higher when more processing is involved, not seen the new sets yet so happy to be correct if thats changed.

main use will probably be sd tv now and then and freeview hd quite a bit when its shwoing something good. WActh quite a alot of cricket when its on and footy here and there. might get an xbox soon so i would say that i miht use the tv for gaming her and there. Also looking to watch quite a few blu rays and other 1080p footage off my pc. in built sound isnt an issue because ill getting some kit eventually.
As for the hz conondrum, i just thought higher hz would be better you know, like less blurring and such but if its no big deal then thats fine.

main use will probably be sd tv now and then and freeview hd quite a bit when its shwoing something good. WActh quite a alot of cricket when its on and footy here and there. might get an xbox soon so i would say that i miht use the tv for gaming her and there. Also looking to watch quite a few blu rays and other 1080p footage off my pc. in built sound isnt an issue because ill getting some kit eventually.
As for the hz conondrum, i just thought higher hz would be better you know, like less blurring and such but if its no big deal then thats fine.

100hz-200hz means more processing so lag is higher, also processing itself can produce errors in the picture. Plasma works in a different way, more like CRT and is better with motion so better for the cricket and footy.
Why get an XBox when the PS3s not only a cracking console and multimedia centre, but also plays bluray and does 3D.:D gaming is also not only free online but very good now.:cool:

I game on a V20 by the way and its stunning.

so i think now ill settle with 100hz because it seems fine. and im afraid i wont budge on the xbox ;) my allegiance is to the xbox- gamed on the original for ages and the 360 looks pretty nice :D.
still not sure if there are any sets which suit my needs very well (bare in mind i dont want any plasmas)

Go to a good AV retailer, find models in your budget, demo them and then do a search for feedback / reviews / owners' threads :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom