Good 46''/47'' LED TV under £900

MSaxp

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I understand that this is a rather vague question, so i will try to provide some info.

I am looking for a 46''/47'' LED and the budget is up to about £850.

We mostly use the TV to watch DVDs/BluRays from LoveFilm. Some regular TV as well (we have Freesat HD) and some PS3 use. Smart features not a must have (the PS3 does a lot of that) and same applies to 3D, as I am not convinced I will watch more than 4-5 3D movies from Lovefilm a year. I would sacrifice both for a better picture quality. I also dont care about the sound that much as I have a 5.1 surround system.

Possible options I have looked at are:

Samsung UE46F5500
LG 47LM670T
LG 47LN575V

Any thoughts/ideas/recommendations very welcome...

Go for LG 47LM670T

SAMSUNG are a bit unreliable, where you could end up with 1 or 2 dead pixels or even more. This is where SAMSUNG fails as they have panel issues.

Thanks for that. Is LG considered not much worse picture - wise? I am currently using an LG 32LH3000, so probably anything is an improvement :)

Would warranties (was thinking JL, 5 years) cover dead pixel issues?

Thanks for that. Is LG considered not much worse picture - wise? I am currently using an LG 32LH3000, so probably anything is an improvement :)

Would warranties (was thinking JL, 5 years) cover dead pixel issues?

Picture wise LG are brilliant.
I use to have that TV (well my brother did) ages back for xbox 360 gaming. Perfect TV for gaming no issues.

You will see a major difference in the 47" LG TV compared to your current one in terms of picture quality.

LG are becoming very popular and for the price the amount of TV's they have are very tempting. Wouldn't be surprised if they take over and become number 1 in the market (or are they already number 1 :p)

However SAMSUNG are good but they copy too much. You'll see a pattern in the design of their TVs compared to LG. As soon as LG release something unique in design wise you get SAMSUNG copying :p

Forgot to mention warranty with JL should cover dead pixel. (correct me I am wrong JL customers).

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your advice. So I take it you consider LG superior to Samsung then. Some friends of mine gave me the opposite advice :) I guess everyone has an opinion when it comes to TVs. Its just so difficult to make up your mind in the store

Yep I find LG superior to SAMSUNG.

I've see a loads of copy cats TV's from SAMSUNG. SAMSUNG don't have their own ideas.

You won't be disappointed with an LG TV :)

HEhe oddly enough JL no longer sell the 670T. The LG options now are:

LG 47LA620V £850
LG 47LN575V £859
Samsung UE46ES5500 £700 (significantly cheaper obviously)

HEhe oddly enough JL no longer sell the 670T. The LG options now are:

LG 47LA620V £850
LG 47LN575V £859
Samsung UE46ES5500 £700 (significantly cheaper obviously)

If its for gaming go for samsung es5500 16ms input lag..... don't listen to the guy above saying samsung is unreliable is a false claim. Lg are no better.

Okay. I do play a bit. But I'm not 16 anymore. I wonder what sort of lag my current LG has.

How do you think the picture compares? Give or take the same?

Okay. I do play a bit. But I'm not 16 anymore. I wonder what sort of lag my current LG has.

How do you think the picture compares? Give or take the same?

The picture is really good... just like any other led tv really. Bright colours, bright picture. very sharp hd picture.

I think avforums got the lag at around 28ms input lag. But over at hdtv test they got it to 16ms input lag. If you are not much of a gamer. Id be looking at a plasma but if you are a gamer I would defo give the ES5500 a try very good gaming screen.

Thanks for your input.

I wonder if avforums will be reviewing the lg LA620V anytime soon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom