GoNNER

Picked this up on a bit of a whim this week. I'm a massive fan of Isaac (thanks to people posting on this board) and so I'd like to highly recommend this.

It definitely has the feel of Isaac. Absolutely nothing explained and the runs are super hard. I like the mechanic of getting different heads, backpacks and guns. Combining them together gives lots of different options.

As I say, it's hard and you just die constantly but every now and again you sneak a little bit further, so just like Isaac again.

Sound and graphics (though basic) are really cool and suit the game and a shout to HD rumble. Something i have dismissed as marketing mumbo jumbo in the past, I'm really getting used to games having it and it definitely enhances them - needless to say, Gonner has really nice rumble too.

If you like Isaac you just have to try this and for £9 is pretty low risk.

MattDX

Distinguished Member
As a massive Isaac fan I grabbed this but must admit it hasn't held my attention the way Isaac has. Not sure why but will put some more time into it!

As a massive Isaac fan I grabbed this but must admit it hasn't held my attention the way Isaac has. Not sure why but will put some more time into it!

Ha really? I'm definitely feeling the same sort of addiction I get with an Isaac session.

Highest score so far is about 520 on GoNNER - but just like Isaac, still havent beaten the first boss!

jasonmode7

I play this every day since buying it last week , it's amazing for £9 and leaderboards coming soon :) it is addictive for sure

I play this every day since buying it last week , it's amazing for £9 and leaderboards coming soon :) it is addictive for sure

Yea, i tweeted him yesterday about the leaderboards and he said they are still coming, he just doesnt know when :/

oasismark

Distinguished Member
So im getting into this but i need some explanation of things!

Whats the 5 skulls and what are some with red strikes accross!

I know you have a head, a gun and a backpack, must be some website that explans it all!

jasonmode7

So im getting into this but i need some explanation of things!

Whats the 5 skulls and what are some with red strikes accross!

I know you have a head, a gun and a backpack, must be some website that explans it all!

Yeah I want to know that too, probably the only thing I don't and I don't know how to word it to look on google either

oasismark

Distinguished Member
From here: Steam Community :: Guide :: GoNNER Ultimate Guide [SPOILERS]

How the Score works
  • You need at least 1 Glyph to earn points

• Each enemy has a value which is multiplied by the number of glyphs you have

(example)

One small bat with One glyph and No combo = 1 point 1x1= 1
    One Spikey walker with 4 glyphs and No combo = 8 points 2x4= 8

Players can rack up points faster with each glyph that they are carrying.

That value is mulitplied by the combo meter. Rapidly killing enemies in quick succession will build up the combo meter, which will be indicated by the crossed out skulls in the top right corner. There is an audible sound cue for when your combo has ended, and the skulls will disappear.

You earn a glyph from enemies every time you fill the combo meter in the top right of the screen.
    ( 5 kills in a combo )

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom