1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna throw my DVE into the bin....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gary Lightfoot, May 4, 2005.

1. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,955
    I was going through a calibration run yesterday, and needed to do the PAL settings. I put the DVE disk in and for the life of me couldn't find anything I wanted easily or quickly. Maybe because I rarely use it, dunno....

I love Avia...

Anyway, I remembered I had a copy of Peter Finzells PAL calibartion disk, and thought I'd try that. I put it in, and it came up in German....

It then went to the menu (still German), and everything was listed on one menu page. I then had a look in the book that comes with it, and although that too was in German, it was easy to find what I wanted and I was able to go the necessary calibration screens (0 to 100ire and RGBYCM colur fields).

So, if a German DVD is so much easier to understand and navigate than a DVD in English, I think that speaks volumes about the layout.

I got the PF DVD from the guy himself here (you can use a translater if you want to read it better):

http://www.peterfinzel.de/

The ordr page Translated:

http://www.online-translator.com/ur...&transliterate=on&psubmit2.x=85&psubmit2.y=14

Or you can just send him an email and ask for it.

You order it from him, and he sends you the DVD. You then send him the payment! I sent him 25 Euros which was more than the cost of the disk with delivery, but it was easier to send notes than coins - I sent it registered delivery IIRC.

There is a .pdf in English if you need it. I can email it to anyone who wants to have a look and see what's on the disk if you like.

Maybe Piero Milano (sp?) would like to get some for a Power Buy if there's enough interest?

Gary.

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Come on Gary, it's easy!!! :)

First you......and then you....unless you want....in which case you......however if you want.....then you either do this......or this.......but don't do that......in case it then does this.....in which case....... :)

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Actually very rarely use AVIA these days. DVE is simple to navigate once you know where to look....until then it's not easy.....and once you know the TITLE numbers it's a skoosh.....I can get to the patterns I want on DVE just as fast if not faster than with AVIA.

Garry if you can email me the english PDF for Frinzel that'd be great. I got mine a few years ago when there was no English support.

Gordon

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,955
    Thanks Mike, I know where I was going wrong now. :)

Gordon,

I can use DVE on the PC, but getting there via the menus on a stand-alone player is quite tricky. The player I was using doesn't seem to have title and chapter number search, so I'm limited to the menus. Fortunately I've nearly done what I have to do, and then I'll take a stress pill. :eek:

Will send you the .pdf shortley...

Gary.

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    i sold my dvd straight after i bought the PJ. one i hated the menu system, two after i calibrated it my image was downright awful. i then did this by my own judgment and got a better image for my eyes :thumbsup:

6. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Yeah to me ya :censored: :laugh:

7. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006