1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna get pw6 tomorrow,help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Nachos, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Nachos

Nachos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    finally decided to buy the panny PW6 tomorrow.

What extras or cables should i get to rig up the following

Panasonic Sky digi box with the usual scart outputs

Kiss Technology DP500 DVD Player. This has S-video & composite outputs. The manual also says it can output component via the scart output

PC with very high spec video card that can output RGB, S-video, Composite and DVI

I also intend to use my Sony STR DB790 box of tricks to sort out the 5.1 sound from the various sources. This also has several S-video inputs with a s-video output, Several composite inputs with a composite output, two component inputs with a component output.

I planned to plug the PC straight into the PW6 PC input or into the optional DVI terminal board

The Sky box into the Sony box using scart to 6 way RCA lead (3 for component, 2 for audio, 1 for composite that will be redundant)

The DVD into the sony box using the same type of lead, but this time audio and composite redundant since DVD audio will be connected by optical cable.

Finally the Sony box connected to the optional Component board on the PW6

I know its a lot to read, but any feedback to my master plan will be greatly appreciated as the last thing i want is to spend all this money only to have the equipment let down by my poor set updecisions.

2. Nachos

Nachos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, i just went onto JS Technology website and it seems i need their RGB scart to Component converter not just 6 way phono leads.

Guess this will be the best way to do this setup.

Or will the 6 way phonos do it?

Any please confirm this?