1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gonna buy a pw7 any help with connectivity

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by calmac, Oct 27, 2004.

1. calmac

calmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gentlemen

I am about to purchase the pw7 and need some advice if you would be so kind, firstly existing kit is

Xbox - component out

freeview - rgb scart out and in (goodmans gb 5)

home cinema system - svideo out and in (pioneer dv55)

can any one advise me of the best and cheapest solution maybe an av amp or something i dont want to go purchasing all these input boards at £100s a shot i would really like to use just the vga input, but your opinions will be given priority.

Thanks again

Calmac

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Buy from www.AV-sales.co.uk and you get a free board i reconmend the component board (or dual slot well worth the extra £50) and a denon 2805 AV amp which will switch covert S-video to component and switch Component from Xbox also get a netgem i-player (BT branded one £64.50) as this outputs component which amp will switch into component board

3. guli

guli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hornydragon,

at the moment i only have rca component cables, do you think its okay to buy rca to bnc converters to use the rca component cables on the dual slot, as a stop gap?

why would you say the dual slot is well worth the extra? (i know bncs connection are better)

many many thanks for your advice.

Alex

Alex

4. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The dual slot comes with other types of connections too - so you can plug in more kit without needing to buy more boards.

And yes, you could just use RCA cables with BNC convertors on the end.

Another option would be to buy the dual width component board and connect your xbox and home cinema to it (component and s-video). The buy a JS Tech RGB to VGA convertor for your freeview box and attach that to the VGA input. Or -as horny suggests - standardise on component and get an amp. (Note - PW7s don't take component in on the VGA connection - so don't think you can use that and do away with any input boards if you go down that route)

ZedZed