Gonna build a HTPC, want HDDVD & BR, but which ones

bongo123

in the near future i intend to build a HTPC pretty similar to all the ones I've seen listed here, would it be worth waiting to get a combo drive even though i cant find any for sale or should i just plop 2 separate drives in and if so which ones would you recommend?

Cool-hand

Hi

LG make a dual machine I believe and yes you could buy 2 separate players but thats personal preference. Do you intend to buy a tasty Origen pc case which most, if not all have room for only one drive (but it does look like a stand-alone dvd player) or a regualer pc case with BIG blue flashing lights and 12" fans front-and-rear?

Im not really up to speed with the guts though, ie. GFX cards etc.. but im sure someone will drop in to help/advise. Your given budget may help them to.

Rgds

CH

bongo123

thanks for the info, cant seem to find that LG on ebuyer or 2 separate players for that matter, guess there not out yet

SeanT

Distinguished Member
The LG drive is available now, but it costs over 500 pounds.... it's called a super multi blue.
It's much cheaper atm to get 2 separate, the Toshiba HD-DVD drive is £120 or so, and I've seen the Philips BDC bluray drive for as little as 100 quid on ebay (or 140 or so elsewhere)

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom