Gone for it!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by daveb975, Oct 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Thanks to the advice from the forum, I have just ordered a Toshiba 26WL46 TV.

I deliberated a bit too long, however, so had to pay £999 instead of £899. This model is about to be replaced by the 27WL46, so most suppliers have sold out of the 26"!

The 27" should be available at the start of November, but I was reluctant to wait for it, mainly because I could not undertand why Active Vision has been cut from the new model. The 26WL46 looked great when I demoed it, so I am a little concerned that they have 'economised' on the new model to meet the new RRP of £1,500. Perhaps Active Vision is just old tech now.

This will be a bedroom TV, so I wasn't keen on the sidemounted speakers of the new model, the 26" looks much neater.

DVI is included on the new model, and would have been a nice addition, but I think it will be quite some time before I get a digital-output DVD player in my bedroom set-up.

Hopefully, I have made the right decision, but I guess time will tell!

Thanks for all of your help so far!