Gone Baby Gone (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Perhaps surprisingly but i've never seen this but i can see by reviews and from the bit of the trailer i watched it'll be worth purchasing.

Hopefully with good art it'll go nicely with the other Ben Affleck directed films, The Town and Argo. :)

replicant81

Never heard of it, is it new?

Im sure It will be a bland studiocanal title, killing my love bit by bit lol.

So I guess its official, zavvi doing 4000 copies is a thing of the past.

smabu

Never heard of it, is it new?

Im sure It will be a bland studiocanal title, killing my love bit by bit lol.

So I guess its official, zavvi doing 4000 copies is a thing of the past.
It's from 2007, Casey Affleck in lead role and I think Ben Affleck had something to do with it too. Seems a strange choice to do as a steelbook.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Ben Affleck was the director, it was his first full length directorial film. Morgan Freeman's in it too, seems to be highly regarded and doesn't seem that strange a choice for a steelbook from what i've read and seen from the trailer, with a lot of crap getting steelbooks this actually looks worthy.

copperlewis

Great film, will be interesting to see what art they go with but suspect something similar to the amaray

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
The amaray art would be alright but i'm hoping they go with something similar to the poster art. There's actually not a lot of artwork out there for this film so unless they come up with something from scratch then it's going to be one of the two.

Attachments

Last edited:

copperlewis

Yeah poster art is my bet and best choice (like you said not much art out there) Not much opportunity to be creative either really given the subject matter.

Gooble Gobble

But it's 'world exclusive art', so it can't be the poster or anything out there?

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
But it's 'world exclusive art', so it can't be the poster or anything out there?
Under the Skin for example is also WEA but has just used the poster art- it just means it hasn't been used before and that this version of the steelbook will be the only one to use it, making the art world exclusive (At least for the foreseeable any way) it can mean newly created art too obviously but that's the general way it goes.

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Yes it basically means this will be the only Steelbook to use the art here. Although the term is getting looser and looser with WEA being used to describe artwork with only minor differences from what is already out there.

mightymax76

It was released early in the US and held back for a UK release as it was around the same time as Maddie McCann went missing so the distributor held back.

Very good film very much slipped under the radar of a lot of people.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Will be going live this weekend :)

Front and Inside artwork added to OP. Confirmed Gloss Finish.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Warner Bros 2021 movies coming to HBO Max and cinemas simultaneously
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
4K Streaming impacts carbon emissions says Royal Society
  • By Andy Bassett