Goliath - Season 2 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I liked Season 1, but what spoilt it for me was I thought that they badly rushed the ending.
I'll definitely give this a look as Billy Bob Thornton is always good value.

Season 1 went under the radar for most folks I spoke too after watching it in one day much like Hand Of God with Ron Pearlman.
Billy Bob makes it work,fighting the system and the money corrupt machines set against him.
Looking forward to season 2 and it's only 8 eps a season so easily watchable.
Quality comes in short doses they say.

Really happy you reviewed this Cas.
Thank you.

Watched first episode last night, thoroughly enjoyed it as was good to see it return. Thoroughly enjoyed S1 as it grew as the season went on.

Was quite shocked to see Lou Diamond Phillips character bite the bullet so soon

Really liked the first season. As @Fake Shempz said, I thought it was rushed a bit at the end.

Looked really good too.

Agreed that 8 eps does give a slightly rushed feeling, particularly towards the end. Would definitely benefit from that little bit more breathing room. Bosch is good example of how that little extra can really help.

watched all season 2 over the weekend,absolutely brilliant imo,Billy Bob totally carries the whole thing and rightly so,i hope there’s a season 3,top notch TV

Halfway through season 2 and it's just as great. I love the fact Billy's mates are predominantly female :laugh:

Mark Duplass deserves some recognition imo. He is basically playing his character from Creep, a deranged narcissist, but he is so full of charimsa. I've actually found myself laughing out loud at the villains.

Also deserves another point for David Cross' wig!

Didn't you find things going very Lynchian, Cas, when Billy awakes south of the border?! It all gets very surreal there for a while in set up and with characters that could've been Vacationing from Twin Peaks. I had to check my libation.

Upto Episode four so far so good.
:D

Episode 7 has to be one of the funniest, off the wall episodes of TV I've seen in some time...and that includes the Interview room episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine last season! Hilarious stuff.

Have that HP Humfpuffin whatever tune in my head..

Please stop....

Episode 7 has to be one of the funniest, off the wall episodes of TV I've seen in some time...and that includes the Interview room episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine last season! Hilarious stuff.
Janet is hilarious

I can’t seem to find the 4K version on my 4K Apple TV or the prime app on my Sony tv. Any tips ?

Checked on my TV's app and through the Xbox. And they don't make it easy to find the UHD version at all. Don't know why they have to have separate options for it.
This is a real hatred of mine. I dont understand why they do this.

I can’t seem to find the 4K version on my 4K Apple TV or the prime app on my Sony tv. Any tips ?
What I had to do was keep scrolling down (for a long time) until it came to the '4k tv shows included with prime' list.

Not seen any of this, Will add it to my list.

Currently laughing my way through Ash Vs Evil Dead season 3 and have been watching house of cards.

Thanks Cas :)

Watched all season 2 and found it brilliant. Even better than season 1, and that's saying something. Maybe a bit rushed and would have benefitted from another episode or two, but still excellent. I hope they make a season 3. Watched in HD and it was fine for me.

Yes very good show. Reminds a bit of Bosch, got an LA noir feel to it.

Have that HP Humfpuffin whatever tune in my head..

Please stop....

lol. HR Pufnstuf.

One of my favourite movies as a kid (never found out it was actually a tv series as well until I was an adult)

lol. HR Pufnstuf.

One of my favourite movies as a kid (never found out it was actually a tv series as well until I was an adult)
Lol...still in my head.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom