Golfers - advice needed, please

BT Bob

Prominent Member
Reaction score
There must be a few golfers on here, so hoping someone can help..

I haven't played for years and my brother's coming over from Australia in August so I thought I'd hit a few balls on a local range and try to play a round or 2 before he gets here so we have have a round or 2.

A mate of mine who no longer plays has kindly loaned me a set of clubs which are fine, except there's no strap on the bag. He always used a trolly so never used the shoulder strap and now can't find it.

I'm really struggling to find a replacement - my local American Golf don't have any and I don't seem to be able to find anything online, apart from replacement strap for "ordinary" shoulder bags, which have much thinner padding than you get on most golf-bag straps.

I can't believe these aren't available - people must lose them - and I'm looking at buying a new bag. That makes no sense..

Any advice/suggestions gratefully received.

TIA..

Yeah, I could rent a trolley, but that’s no real help getting from the car to the clubhouse or to the range..
Thanks, though..

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Pinch a strap off a travel bag,will do from car to cart.

I’ve got a bag of golf bats in my garage and have never hit a ball, despite living next to a golf course all of my life.

I’ll see a) if their is a strap and b) if there is, is it detachable and c) if so I’ll find a way of getting it over to you

I’ve got a bag of golf bats in my garage and have never hit a ball, despite living next to a golf course all of my life.

I’ll see a) if their is a strap and b) if there is, is it detachable and c) if so I’ll find a way of getting it over to you
Wow!! That's incredibly generous!! Thanks so much. The bag I have is equipped with D-shaped rings that take this kind of connector:

7149o5HD0EL._SL1500_.jpg

im near sure i have one of those laying around, unless i have thrown it out on the recent skip run. If i find it ill send it to you.

Couldnt you just carry it by the handle from the Car to where-ever.

Wow!! That's incredibly generous!! Thanks so much. The bag I have is equipped with D-shaped rings that take this kind of connector:

View attachment 1004396
Hi, apologies I have just checked and the strap isn't detachable I'm afraid

Yeah, I could rent a trolley, but that’s no real help getting from the car to the clubhouse or to the range..
Thanks, though..

Does it not have any kind of handle? Every bag I've owned, including trolley bags, have a handle and that's what I use when taking the bag to the car or even to the range.

Used trolley's off the bay are going for less than £20, or speak to a pro at a golf shop they may know members who are looking to sell them secondhand.

Thanks, though..

Get there 5m early to rent one and take it to car?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Ask Andy Powell, he's the Welsh golf buggy expert.:)

im near sure i have one of those laying around, unless i have thrown it out on the recent skip run. If i find it ill send it to you.

Couldnt you just carry it by the handle from the Car to where-ever.

Thanks for the offer - Another fine member has come up with the goods :)

Hi, apologies I have just checked and the strap isn't detachable I'm afraid

No problem - thanks so much for checking :)

Does it not have any kind of handle? Every bag I've owned, including trolley bags, have a handle and that's what I use when taking the bag to the car or even to the range.

Yep - it does have a handle, it would just be more convenient to have a shoulder strap.

Used trolley's off the bay are going for less than £20, or speak to a pro at a golf shop they may know members who are looking to sell them secondhand.

Thanks - I hadn't thought of that.. :)

Get there 5m early to rent one and take it to car?

Genius.... hadn't thought of that either... :)

How about a guitar strap?

Probably not long enough, or have the right fittings. Thanks, though .

The PING one is interesting - thanks (I miss that on eBay yesterday.

I have one you can have. PM me your address and I will send it.

Thanks So much - I've PM'd you.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I'll lend you my very pretty Cocker Spaniel.........have a proper walk.:clap:

Ask Andy Powell, he's the Welsh golf buggy expert.:)
I have the privilege of bumping into him at Brecon RFC a few years ago. Great character - claimed he had no memory of the alleged incident.. :rotfl:;):rotfl:;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom