Golf seal replace under warranty?

pete1866

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi i have just purchased a golf gt , private .
It has started leaking a bit of oil .
It was booked at vw today to do the dsg oil change , so I asked them to look for the oil leak .
The mechanic said it is the front crankshaft oil seal that has failed , quoted me £280
I have the paperwork from the previous owners that at another vw garage the timing chain was replaced under warranty in april .
A mechanic friend said that they should have replaced this seal when doing the job and it is vw`s responsibility.
I rang the local vw and they said they need the car to inspect it further , this I questioned when they have already told me the part that failed .
What do you think the chances of getting this done under warranty are , any advice , thanks

as long as you have the paperwork, no need to even mention you were not the owner then, should get it under warrenty

Thanks for reply , vw where I took it said this morning I would have to pay for an investigation.
I said you have already told me whats wrong , she said he wasn`t 100% sure.
I said how can you quote me for the work , I have it in writing you`ve told me whats wrong .
Anyway place that put the timing chain on checked and said it had a new seal in , when the timing chain was done in april , and the job has a 2 year warranty , so looks like I will be ok , fingers crossed :)

Job done for free under warranty , good service.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom