Goldring DR150 still a good choice?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by stone_pillow, Jun 9, 2009.

1. stone_pillow

stone_pillow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Been looking to get some headphones for a while now and have spent the last hours reading reviews and a lot of threads on these very boards. It seems the Goldring DR150 are very high regarded, and you can get them for like £40 pound now, which alsmost seens to good to be true.

The other headphones I was looking at were:

Beyerdynamic DTX900 for £54.99
    Sennheiser HD515 for £54.99

Do the Goldring DR150 still really compare to these. Both those other sets are in sales and at reduced prices and ussually seem to cost more around £90 pounds or so. Is it worth stretching to the Sennheiser HD555 or do the Goldring DrD50 compare to these also, which I have read somewhere?

I don't really want to go over £60 but want to get the best I can for my money, but if I can pay £40 and still get the quality then thats the way I will go. Sorry for maybe repeating things that have been asked before, though often when things seem to be too good to be true (in the case of the Goldring DR150's) I am always cautious....

2. stone_pillow

stone_pillow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just found out in fact you can get the Goldring DR150 for £30 now, whcih is almost half the price of the others.

3. Uriel

Uriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Haven't heard DTX900s but I can confidently say that the DR150s are well ahead of the HD515s.

I'd actually rate them higher than HD555.