GoldenEar SuperSub X Subwoofer Review & Comments

This looks....or should that be sounds an absolute hoot. Shame it's £1400, but since I'm looking for some sub/sat systems which you said should be great with this Ed, I'd have to stick it on the shortlist.

MemX

I didn't notice the price when I read through - £1400 for 2x8" drivers? Wuuuut?

raduv1

Distinguished Member
This looks....or should that be sounds an absolute hoot. Shame it's £1400, but since I'm looking for some sub/sat systems which you said should be great with this Ed, I'd have to stick it on the shortlist.
Hi

Have a look at the SVS SB2000.
SVS-SB-2000-Front-Seitlich1.jpg

I'm running it with B&W M1s on a 5.1.2 Atmos set up and it really packs a punch. The SVS feet you can get for it work really well for unwanted Sub vibrations

ashenfie

Hi

Have a look at the SVS SB2000.
View attachment 860342
I'm running it with B&W M1s on a 5.1.2 Atmos set up and it really packs a punch. The SVS feet you can get for it work really well for unwanted Sub vibrations
I don't really the the SB2000 is in the same league. GoldenEar claim the sub goes down to 12hz. The build/finish is far beyond the the SB2000 and all in a small size and with passive radiators.

So basically if that what you want then it's good value for what it is, priced between then SB2000 and SB13 and more directly competing against the Paradigm Seismic 110

raduv1

Distinguished Member
I don't really the the SB2000 is in the same league. GoldenEar claim the sub goes down to 12hz. The build/finish is far beyond the the SB2000 and all in a small size and with passive radiators.

So basically if that what you want then it's good value for what it is, priced between then SB2000 and SB13 and more directly competing against the Paradigm Seismic 110
Don't remember me saying it was in the same league , but hey ho. Do believe the poster mentioned the price of the GoldenEar , as such was my response.

MemX

GoldenEar claim the sub goes down to 12hz.
The question is, at what level and how much EQ/limiting is being applied to stop the drivers from being torn apart... lol

ashenfie

The question is, at what level and how much EQ/limiting is being applied to stop the drivers from being torn apart... lol
Most likely none as they don't provide an SPL with this claim and it's likely to be very low!