Golden Guns

StevePSIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What guns have people got the gold camo for?

So far I've got gold camo for:

Type 95
UMP
PP90
ACR

Next 3 to go gold will be the G36, M4 & P90. Suprised at how long it has taken me to get these gold guns! Haven't prestiged because I wanted to go for the camos instead, generally don't use the gun once I've got the camo for it. Going to miss using the Type 95 as I got the gold camo for it yesterday.

Pp90
ump
MP7
g36c
acr
ak47

I was planning to do the MK14 but got to level 80 and pressed the button instead of holding off until i had done it.

The sad thing is, i don't think you get a tittle for getting gold guns so once you prestige its gone for good unless you do it again.

M4 next.

Last edited:
Pp90
ump
g36c
acr
ak47

I was planning to do the MK14 but got to level 80 and pressed the button instead of holding off until i had done it.

The sad thing is, i don't think you get a tittle for getting gold guns so once you prestige its gone for good unless you do it again.

M4 next.

Do you keep the camos once you prestige?

I'm 99% sure you loose them :(

You lose them.

This prestige am currently knocking on the door to getting the USAS12 as gold (on 30 and a bit).

Might chuck the SPAS back on and get that to 31 as am on 29 (it ruined my KDR using it as its so useless so switched to the USAS).

The thing it seems going about is getting gold on the worst guns in the game - every one after all is going to get gold PP90, MP7, SCAR and ACR.

But how many gold SPAS's, AA12's, M16, L86's will you see.

Is no hardship to get any of the guns to gold. I have taken the mp5 all the way 2500+ kills 500 headshots. Doing the same with the deagle then i will prestige.

Get 2 more callsigns and and an emblem if you go the whole hog.

True, but how often are you really going to use those guns anyway?

I was surprisingly pleased with the USAS, its very good.

But I guess people are doing it as if you really want to strike fear into the other team. You know, "Christ that guy on the other team is using a gold AA12".

MP5 is nice! Certainly not one of the worst guns in the game.

Personally I would say its the easy contender for the worst SMG. Would people agree?

Its either that or the PM-9, but the PM-9 I would say is slightly better.

Hmmm, I've actually enjoyed using this versions MP5.

Maybe i need to try it again then,lol. Thinking back i was using it when i was having major connection issues with the game. I need to try it post patch.

I reckon they should unlock the golden gun from goldeneye once you've unlocked every gold camo.

AnthonyG said:
Do you have a sadomasochistic attraction to the worst guns in the game Willy? :)

I think i must do :p

Maybe i need to try it again then,lol. Thinking back i was using it when i was having major connection issues with the game. I need to try it post patch.

Whenthe game first came out it wasnt very good but I've used it a bit more recently and it does perform a lot better. Maybe they fixed it in a patch? That happens with most COD games though, gun drift in and out of use.

Whenthe game first came out it wasnt very good but I've used it a bit more recently and it does perform a lot better. Maybe they fixed it in a patch? That happens with most COD games though, gun drift in and out of use.

Classic example was the M4 on Mw2 for me, hated that gun to start with but my the end it was up there with the Tar as the best AR in the game.

Im finding Im getting gold for PP90m1 soon after rank 45, and then P90 somewhere to the end, then I hit prestige. No way I can get more guns to gold in that time. :(

I used the MP5 on COD4 and MW2 a lot; silenced and ext-mags respectively. But can't get on with it in this installment, against what advice Ive had, and have to stick with my nooby guns PP90M1 and P90. I find the Ump45 hit n miss; sometimes it strays up to the sky, sometimes not.

MP5 is the worst SMG. It's not bad by any means... just when compared to the others it's not the best.

I had golden camo on UMP, P90 and I think PP90 so far.

I use way too many guns through one prestige to gold anymore until prestige 10 I think. I figure I net more EXP by using other guns more than I would by using just my go to guns. I have maybe 20 guns lvl 10 or higher this prestige.

I havent bothered to go for gold on any gun yet, when I get it mastered it goes in favour of another. Started using the Mk14 last night and it is great when connection is good.

i think i unlocked the gold pp90 one prestige , 2 i think

nearly prestige 9 now so not long before i unlock them for good

Unlocked it on the ACR then prestiged. Nearing it though I think this prestige on the MP7.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom