Gold (Zac Efron, Anthony Hayes, Blu-rays April-May 2022)

IGC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.jpg

Damn fine Australian film. Better film than The Batman for sure which I was hit about the head with last night.

Only seen Efron in this and the excellet The Paperboy not seen any of his Hollywood crud but he's certainly very good here.

Film's not helped by a really stupid name. Yeah, it's accurate but not going to help them with search.

Only been released on DVD in Australia but it's got a German, Canada and US release.

Incredible that the director played the brother of David Wenham in Rowan Woods's great film The Boys

Seen a couple of films affected/afflicted by COVID but this actually gets a mention in the end titles (looks like South Australia gave them special permission to fly in Efron and film).

Amazon product ASIN B09QNDY7TF

Canada:
canada.jpg

I enjoyed this a lot other than one shot which I thought stank of have being added later after audience focus groups.

...other than one shot which I thought stank of have being added later after audience focus groups.

What was the scene? Put it in spoilers if it's important.

Not bought this yet waiting to see if there's anything extras-wise on the USA release in a few weeks. Unlikely as the film seems to be in a very long list of forgotten COVID productions.

There's a Danish release this month too:

gold_557334.jpg

What was the scene? Put it in spoilers if it's important.

It's the very last scene of the film, all of ten seconds. I won't say what happens but be interested to see what you think. Not really a spoiler lol!

Ah, when getting to the end I was thinking about how it was going to end.

I liked what they chose it's possible it was shot after the film was finished maybe something didn't work.

This has got my attention. Effron is definitely on the up

1.png

I lub Amazon reviewers (couldn't eat a full one) :D

I think I'm going with the Denmark release cheap as chips at imusic.co and there's a few other bits they have:

gold_blu-ray_nordic-92492946-bckl.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom