Gold connectors on mini dvd tape

P

paulsteph38

Hi all, just a quick question, slightly confused, just bought the Sony HC19E, it didn't come with any tapes so went out and bought a Fuji dv tape for it, reading in the book it says clean the gold connectors after you have ejected the tape ten times, the tape hasn't got any gold connectors it just has four plastic tabs where the gold connectors (I presume) would be, so, my question is do all tapes have gold connectors, in other words have I bought a duff tape?? What do the gold connectors do?? Thanks Paul

not quite...

shooting info such as time date aperture wb blah blah blah is recorded onto the tape, the IC memory is for USER BITS, where you could add information on the shoot, usually short text information like location or project title.

maybe I should run courses...

It is called 'cliplink' (tm) and stores start and end timecode of each clip , plus a picon , which can be read by some playback devices and edit systems.

sony es-3 systems used it to allow a quick storyboard to be built , rearranged and brought into the edit system.

only useful if the playback device and edit system understand how to use the info.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom