1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

going with the tosh

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mort, Jan 4, 2005.

1. mort

mort
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ok guys after lurking around this forum for what feels like eternity (at least it gives the wife some peace :D ) ive finally decided to go with the tosh 46wm48p only question i have at the minute then is where did all the other tosh owners get theirs from?. I know prices vary a fair bit from the likes of gultronics (anyone had experience with this company?) to comet but also know from bitter experience that the cheapest or dearest retailer is not always the best. Any pointers would be really helpful. Now im off to rid the remaining axium thoughts out of my head with a :beer:
    cheers
    Karl

2. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Delboy

Delboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    M8, Ive been the same, me and the wife, the kids and a m8 of mine know more about TVs and DVDs (all over the last few weeks) then we ever did before,,,,what a learning curve....I just hope it all works out well for me, and u mort, and wives dont divorce us :)

Del

4. mort

mort
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cheers for the link lee but out of stock there and dont know if i could take waiting round another 2 weeks or more for it to arrive

I know EXACTLY how you feel del :laugh: i dont think the missus would appreciate any more days out at comet!!!! :D especially after last visit she thought there was something wrong with me (had to explain after about looking for rainbow effects!!!! :blush:)

5. Delboy

Delboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He He, funny enugh i took missis down comet on sunday, saw her shuffling about, looked at the time, and we had been there for 1&1/2 hours!!!! No wonder she had a headache...I think the salesmen thought i was nuts, but spending that sort of cash i had to make sure i was making the right choice, took me 2 weeks to get the panny i got, then it went poof!!, so fingers crossed this works out alrite. Gotta love comet tho, i had the area manager in the shop when i was bargining for my TV, tried to explain that comet stores up country seem to look after people better and will match on line prices, but down here its like flogging a dead horse. Wages down here are crap, but evertything costs more... :oops: :offtopic:

Anyway, will i sleep much before friday?...nope...

Del

6. mort

mort
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think we've all been there del :laugh: gotta say here in the north west they still employ the same comet clones i originally went in to see the axium (the width of the tosh had initially put me off) but the axium was on a shelf 5foot up so trying to see a good demo of it made it very hard and to be honest with a price difference of over £400 if you shop around plus a stand i found it hard to justify the difference in price.
    I know from reading the posts that both sets have + and - points and i probably would not have been (hope thats not tempting fate!) dissapointed with either but apart from pq any set still has to look the part if you dont want earache from er indoors, and in that dept i think the tosh wins hands down....just wish them side speakers were detachable though
    karl

7. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. mort

mort
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cheers for that Lee ive just emailed them to see if they will price match gultronics they say lowest prices in uk so ill see what they say as for the warranties it just goes to show you that you have to really read the small print to make sure your getting the cover you really need