Going vegetarian

Miyazaki

Novice Member
A few people have mentioned you need to "experiment" to get the nutrients you need from a vegan diet. Thanks for posting, but would you care to elaborate, as "experiment" means absolutely nothing to me. Thanks.

Educated Guess

A herbivores/vegan diet will give you all the nutrients you need. It's a misconception that you need animal protein.

Where the experimentation comes in is that the diet opens you up to new fruits, vegetable and cooking methods that you might not otherwise try. It broadens your consumption of more esoteric foods (just Google Seitan or Tempeh, some of my favourites).
With a meat based diet the whole meal is centred around the meat on your plate with the veg as an afterthought.

There is a Vegan restaurant in the heart of London, The Chinese Buffet in Great Churchfield St. They serve an authentic Chinese buffet (Chinese have a long history of replicating meat & fish dishes with vegetables it's all about being land locked and historically being under siege). I have sat in there and people come in and don't even realise that it's vegan. They don't promote the fact that the restaurant is vegan. I think for fear that some wont even bother coming in. They cook with traditional inventive methods.

A vegan diet can be more varied and Interesting and tasty than a carnivorous one.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom