• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Going to US shortly. Will component and scart cables be cheaper?

guv69

Established Member
As header.

Trip is 4 weeks time. Have looked online in Walmart - and whilst the prices look good, the stuff they showed was only for Texas residents!

Anyone been recently able to comment?

cmatt

Established Member
coaxial cables will be a good buy, and componant out cables - same with optical really - but if your going on holiday is it really worth it looking for a deceant av shop?!

Relax my friend - have a few beers and enjoy the atmosphere!

Dvds would be a good idea however :-D

bibamus

Established Member
Hi, we went over at Christmas (Colorado and Wyoming) and most stuff is generally cheaper over there. Depends what you are after though, if you bring too much stuff back, you could get stung for customs.
I brought ( among other things) a few AV cables. They were all about half UK prices or less.
And yes, you can get scart leads ( called euroscart) scart switch boxes and anything else scart related. Walmart and Target sell them ( Belkin and other makes) Radio Shack ( their own make ) and many others. Look for the big electrical retailers ( Like Comet and Currys, but with a HUGE range of things) you generally get better deals there.
Enjoy your trip, you wont want to come back!!
Allan

Mindcrime

Established Member
Have a look at Bestbuy's site and also CircuitCity for a guide on prices. Radio Shack are always worth a visit too. Since living in Canada and visiting the States a few times the only brand that seems to be stocked is Monster and then the real cheap generic brands. If you get the cables cheap enough why not package them up and ship them home, saves worrying about Customs then!!

guv69

Established Member
Mindcrime said:
Have a look at Bestbuy's site and also CircuitCity for a guide on prices. Radio Shack are always worth a visit too. Since living in Canada and visiting the States a few times the only brand that seems to be stocked is Monster and then the real cheap generic brands. If you get the cables cheap enough why not package them up and ship them home, saves worrying about Customs then!!

OK Cheers for that.

I will be taking my laptop over with me (free wireless broadband in my hotel) so I will just unwrap the cables I buy and put them into the case. I doubt they would disbelieve I brought them with me. I hate to post them and for them to get lost in the post or hit by C&E anyway!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom