Going to upgrade my PWD7

Sandman

Distinguished Member
I have convinced my better half that we need to upgrade out tv to an HD model. I have sky which will be replaced with Freesat HD. I also have an xbox 360 (media center extender) and PS3.
I am thinking about the 42PHD10 from av-sales. Would this be a good upgrade from a 42PWD7? Would my existing scart and component terminal boards work with this screen or would I need to buy new ones?
Also how much do you think I could get for a 3 year old 42PWD7?

Brooktop

Don't know about the other questions, but you'll get about £250 - £300 tops for the PW7. I didn't think it was worth selling my PWD6 for that, so have put it in the conservatory.

I'd strongly recommend upgrading for a larger set space permitting; if you're thinking you're going to be wowed by a big jump in PQ, you'll be hugely disappointed...the PQ on the PW panels is very good and I couldn't tell the difference for anything over 6' viewing distance.

Don't know about the other questions, but you'll get about £250 - £300 tops for the PW7. I didn't think it was worth selling my PWD6 for that, so have put it in the conservatory.

I'd strongly recommend upgrading for a larger set space permitting; if you're thinking you're going to be wowed by a big jump in PQ, you'll be hugely disappointed...the PQ on the PW panels is very good and I couldn't tell the difference for anything over 6' viewing distance.

I can confirm this. I have installed several HD(Ready) Panasonic plasmas and to be honest none of them came close to my SD signal (digital TV/DVD) and the picture quality on HD content was only marginally better. The HD PQ of the PW7 SD series is brilliant. This panel handles any source amazing well. I am only going to upgrade my panel when I will be watching more than 50% HD content and when I need a bigger screen (50 inch versus 37 inch now).

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom