Going to upgrade my PWD7

Sandman

Distinguished Member
I have convinced my better half that we need to upgrade out tv to an HD model. I have sky which will be replaced with Freesat HD. I also have an xbox 360 (media center extender) and PS3.
I am thinking about the 42PHD10 from av-sales. Would this be a good upgrade from a 42PWD7? Would my existing scart and component terminal boards work with this screen or would I need to buy new ones?
Also how much do you think I could get for a 3 year old 42PWD7?

Brooktop

Don't know about the other questions, but you'll get about £250 - £300 tops for the PW7. I didn't think it was worth selling my PWD6 for that, so have put it in the conservatory.

I'd strongly recommend upgrading for a larger set space permitting; if you're thinking you're going to be wowed by a big jump in PQ, you'll be hugely disappointed...the PQ on the PW panels is very good and I couldn't tell the difference for anything over 6' viewing distance.

Don't know about the other questions, but you'll get about £250 - £300 tops for the PW7. I didn't think it was worth selling my PWD6 for that, so have put it in the conservatory.

I'd strongly recommend upgrading for a larger set space permitting; if you're thinking you're going to be wowed by a big jump in PQ, you'll be hugely disappointed...the PQ on the PW panels is very good and I couldn't tell the difference for anything over 6' viewing distance.
I can confirm this. I have installed several HD(Ready) Panasonic plasmas and to be honest none of them came close to my SD signal (digital TV/DVD) and the picture quality on HD content was only marginally better. The HD PQ of the PW7 SD series is brilliant. This panel handles any source amazing well. I am only going to upgrade my panel when I will be watching more than 50% HD content and when I need a bigger screen (50 inch versus 37 inch now).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom