Going to trade my htc desire hd for an iphone 4

hash004

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna trade my desire hd cause its really ******* me off. The battery life is a big issue here. I gotta charge twice a day. And whats messed up is that when i close an application its not always completely closed, its still running in the background which drains the battery. I don't think its reasonable for me to get a separate app like task killer do the job. Lastly its not smooth when scrolling >.<

is this just issues with my phone or is this with everyones? and do u think its reasonable for me to trade it for an iphone 4?

Last edited:
I'm gonna trade my desire hd cause its really ******* me off. The battery life is a big issue here. I gotta charge twice a day. And whats messed up is that when i close an application its not always completely closed, its still running in the background which drains the battery. I don't think its reasonable for me to get a separate app like task killer do the job. Lastly its not smooth when scrolling >.<

is this just issues with my phone or is this with everyones? and do u think its reasonable for me to trade it for an iphone 4?

Just your phone. I have no problems with my battery life, I charge it every day, as you should and will have to do with any smartphone. I would seriously look at what is draining your battery. I don't think you'll get much more out of an iPhone 4. My Wife has a 3G iPhone and my battery out lasts hers everyday and I have everything switched on.

Strange thing to trade a phone in for. I managed to get a day and a halfs usage out of my phone the other day, thats with no battery prepping either. I also believe the OS does a good enough job of closing apps and task managers actually may impair the battery life, i remember reading about this on the XDA forum. But also you are entitled to your opinion and i guess the DHD and Android are not the Phone/OS for you, good luck with your new purchase.

I know what you mean I just think android seems unfinished and i kinda miss the games on the iphone.

You think 2.2 seems unfinished? You really should have seen 1.5 and 1.6 then, especially 1.5 which looked like it had been knocked up by someone who had just failed their audition to be a Blue Peter presenter.

lol i hope 2.3 work a lot better cause they are lacking behind in apps and quality. if they get that sorted out they will definitely be worth considering.

Sadly i'm going to have to agree with you. :(

Went into London for the day. Unplugged from charger at 8.00am. by the time i was off the train, 10.00am. I had lost half my battery. Reason for me going to London was to find another battery rather than ebay buying. Tottenham Crt Road said come back in a few weeks. 2 independent shops staff had the DHD. I asked on the battery life and both said they just had them plugged in all day. But they were upset by the running apps and the need to add another app to keep stopping.

I only hope Carphone warehouse will take it back. i paid cash for it last friday. If not it's on ebay :(

Went with a friend who has an iPhone 4. By the time we got back my phone was dead. His still had over half the charge. :mad:

lol i hope 2.3 work a lot better cause they are lacking behind in apps and quality. if they get that sorted out they will definitely be worth considering.

Sadly App design, quality and choice has little to do with the latest Android version. That comes down to the App developers making Apps that are designed to be the best they can be for your phone, rather than simply compatible with every phone. One App on Android has to please a lot of phones.

My Desire HD went back to CarPhoneWarehouse today. Reasons as to why are in the main DHD thread.

glad im not the only one having problems with the battery. What I also noticed is that some apps open themselfs like spotify and the market. I didn't even touch those apps and they are open when I look at the task killer.

Thats why in the end i just did not fancy paying £470 for a smartphone that wasn't going to last for most of the day, i didnt mind paying £99 (San Francisco) knowing that the battery is just the same and i havent paid that amount of money. Okay so the battery on the lasts me a full day and gives me all the apps in the world at my disposal but i would be very disappointed too if i'd forked out that amount of money for something that should last a lot longer than that.

Thats why in the end i just did not fancy paying £470 for a smartphone that wasn't going to last for most of the day, i didnt mind paying £99 (San Francisco) knowing that the battery is just the same and i havent paid that amount of money. Okay so the battery on the lasts me a full day and gives me all the apps in the world at my disposal but i would be very disappointed too if i'd forked out that amount of money for something that should last a lot longer than that.

IMHO HTC should of made the phone slightly thicker to accomadate a larger battery. I wouldn't mind having a smartphone that was a little thicker and the battery lasted for a couple of days. Lasting 4-5 hours because i like using apps is absurd.

Makes me laugh people who say "Oh the battery for me lasted 2 days, i send a couple of texts and a couple of calls."

That's not what it was designed for, it's not a Nokia 3210 :boring:

IMHO HTC should of made the phone slightly thicker to accomadate a larger battery. I wouldn't mind having a smartphone that was a little thicker and the battery lasted for a couple of days. Lasting 4-5 hours because i like using apps is absurd.

Makes me laugh people who say "Oh the battery for me lasted 2 days, i send a couple of texts and a couple of calls."

That's not what it was designed for, it's not a Nokia 3210

I took my phone off charge at 7 this morning, i have made a few phonecalls with it and sent a few texts. But i have done about 15-20 mins of Surfing the net, A little bit of Snesoid and read my rss feads in the news app along with reading a few emails. Current battery level is about 75% with no battery optimisation apps. So the battery isn't to bad IMHO

Strangely enough I am looking at going from the Iphone 4 to the Desire HD. The Iphone may be a great piece of kit but its not different enough from my 3G and would be surprised if it changes much for the Iphone 5.

Strangely enough I am looking at going from the Iphone 4 to the Desire HD. The Iphone may be a great piece of kit but its not different enough from my 3G and would be surprised if it changes much for the Iphone 5.

Tis a shame as the iPhone 4 is an engineering marvel and such a cool phone, IMO. Problem for me, like you, is the OS is just so boring. Luckily I still have my Desire. My SIM card has never been swapped so much in its whole life :)

Just bought a iphone 4. I'm decided to keep the desire hd for now aswell. Will probably switch between them from time to time.

A mate told me that if u turn on usb debugging it fixes the app problem and using a task killer is a big no-no. Battery life has gotten a little better aswell with the 3g off instead of on all the time.

I rooted my HD the other day, changed the Kernel and now run SetCPU to vary the kernel speed. I am amazed at how great the battery is. I unplugged yesterday morning, went to a wedding, so lots of photo's being taken, uploading to facebook, WiFi was on and general use. I forgot my charger and left it on all night and woke up this morning with 40% battery left!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom