1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to take the plunge but where to buy from

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by buzzby, Jan 1, 2005.

1. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

after spending the last 2 weeks reading nearly every new thread on this forum and travelling around to more than a few shops looking at plasma's i have finnaly decided on the Panasonic TH-42PE30. I saw this Tv running on friday and was really impressed.

Any way i want to know the best/cheapest place to buy from. I would like to order from AV-sales as everyong here says they are good but they are not the cheapest.

The best offer i think i have seen is this one. http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/sites/itemview.asp?productx=TH42PE30

I also need a wall mount NOT a floor stand.

Does any one know of a better offer or a better place to order from.

Ta

2. cboy

cboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i for 1 am ordering from av-sales because theyve been so helpfull and they have a good deal on for wat i want, and when i spoke to members of there team they all know what there talking about there are many online retailers of the plasma your looking for just google for them (search engine)

3. dann

dann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    I ordered a 42PE30 from John Lewis in Milton Keynes last week, The price was £2699 after splitting the difference with a price from Comet. This came with the free stand,a Panny E55 DVD Recorder & 5 Years warranty.

This maybe a bit more than your price, But John Lewis have a good reputation when things go wrong within the warranty.

4. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £500 is a bit to much extra to pay just to get the TV from john lewis. I have just seen that AV sales also offer a free dvd recorder so going to email them and see what they can do. I might just order from this robert place once they reply to my email regarding the warranty they offer.

DANN how do you find the TV have you had any probs with it yet

5. dann

dann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have not got it yet, Coming on Sat, Can let you know in a week,
    But you may have yours by then.

6. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope i have mine by then. How are you going to be connecting up everything. I will be doing component connection for the dvd and then routing all of the others (Xbox, PS) through my SONY amp.

Are you going to wall mounting yours?