Going to Oxford for the day tomorrow

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anywhere worth visiting apart from the uni buildings? Thought I'd stop over at Henley-on -Thames on the way back:thumbsup: as it looks quite nice

Traffic's a nightmare at present around Headington as they're putting in a flyover

If you're thinking of pubs.... then Head of the River on Abingdon Road by the city centre is a nice summer pub, so is the Isis Tavern by Iffley lock, and also The Trout Inn in Lower Wolvercote (has a few peacocks roaming around).

la gran siete said:
Anywhere worth visiting apart from the uni buildings? Thought I'd stop over at Henley-on -Thames on the way back:thumbsup: as it looks quite nice
The Ashmolean Museum is supposed to be very good, although I've never managed to go inside it myself. There are also some walking tours around Oxford, which I'm sure Google can help you with.

Oxford is a fascinating place, but if you find anything interesting in Henley let me know because I never have. I think Dusty Springfield's grave was the highlight.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll just have tio grin and bear the traffic. As fior Henley I just read that its picturesque, nice boat rides and surrounding villages nice too.
Actually i'll probably park in one of those park and rides just off the A 40

not sure of the direction you're approaching from.... but the A40 Thornhill park and ride is just by the queuing traffic due to the Headington roadworks; might be easier to approach the Abingdon Road park and ride

- may be best to bypass junction 8 of the M40 ....
either take jn7 and have a picturesque journey through Stadhampton etc in the direction of the science park and kassam stadium, and abingdon rd
... or junction 9 and head towards the nearest park and ride (near Peartree interchange I think)

aah the joys of the ringroad!!

On your way back (or on your way there) go to the Oxford Service Station - they do the BEST hot chocolate :thumbsup:

All of my college mates agreed on that when we went on a trip to London.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom