• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Going to overclock my I7 3770K

Marlz

Standard Member
Need some help regards to the cooler I have the Swiftech h220 in my sights but they are out of stock everywhere!, h100i, Thermaltake water 2.0 I'm also looking at would you hold back until H220's are in stock or pickup something else would appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Marlz

one of my family members used to have a h100i but he was never happy with it but at the same time im useing a h80i on a intel i7 3930k cpu (not over clocked) and even when encodeing media ect i always get very good temps ....!

cokker

Established Member
I'd hold out for the Swiftech H220 if it was me, the trouble Corsair have had with their pumps (H100 especially) is something I'd be wary of.

The H220's pump is pretty good and would allow you to expand to other components if you wished, you could stick another 240 radiator in the loop for some cooing overkill lol (I doubt this would be worth the price/performance but you have options).

On a personal note I use a huge chunk of metal in the shape of a Cogage arrow (£35), just a lone 120mm fan at 1000rpm to keep air moving is all that's needed to keep temperatures in the 50's during IBT at 4.5GHz.

Last edited:
I'd hold out for the Swiftech H220 if it was me, the trouble Corsair have had with their pumps (H100 especially) is something I'd be wary of.

The H220's pump is pretty good and would allow you to expand to other components if you wished, you could stick another 240 radiator in the loop for some cooing overkill lol (I doubt this would be worth the price/performance but you have options).

On a personal note I use a huge chunk of metal in the shape of a Cogage arrow (£35), just a lone 120mm fan at 1000rpm to keep air moving is all that's needed to keep temperatures in the 50's during IBT at 4.5GHz.

Not with Ivy, remember those things get stupid hot!!!!! My mates hit 80c using his H70 @ 4.5GHz :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom