Going to need a lot of inexpensive booze !

signs

Ex Member
Reaction score
The wife has a big birthday coming up ,we have hired a Hall, sorted the food and DJ just need lots of booze now

80/90 people coming so we need wine, beers and the odd bottle of vodka/whiskey ,is it as cheep these days to use the supermarkets as opposed to cash and carry's ?

Cheers

Other than some deals you hear about in Costco , I think these days most Supermarkets have more buying power than any cash and carry.
Cheap booze is seen as a way of getting you in.

It's started, Asda are doing 20 bottles of Bud(300ml) for £8
got four boxes in the car ,just need to find some more deals on other brands now :)

Other than some deals you hear about in Costco ,

As a member of Costco I'm sure that they have some great deals sometimes with beer, but whenever I've been I've never found them to be particularly cheap. Quite often the big supermarket names have deals on which are far cheaper.

It's started, Asda are doing 20 bottles of Bud(300ml) for £8

Holy crap that's cheap! I'm taking the back 5 seats out of the Espace, I may be some time. :D

You can make your own wine. I've seen a few kits that claim it'll be ready to drink in just 7 days and a bottle will cost you less than a pound.

Fair enough ;)

I'm gonna give it a go. If it's any good I'll report back (it'll probably be too late for the missus birthday).

They also do 18x284ml bottles of Stella for £10. It's not great but it's better than Bud. I think they also do a selection of 10x500ml Wychwood beers for about £12.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom