Going to Milton Keynes for 3 nights... suggestions for any decent bars/restaurants??

SanPedro

I'm working in Milton Keynes for 2 days this month - helping my Mrs at an exhibition.

Anybody got any suggestions for any decent bars and restaurants worth visiting? With some idea of what the damage might be price wise.

Cheers

Chris

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Welcome to the death of culture!! No really I live there :(.
My best advice is if you have a car, leave the centre and go to the villiages. Woburn to the south and Olney to the North have some excellent pub/resturants which could be worth a look- there are two excellent pubs and a good resturant in Woburn where I suppose you'd be looking at about £40 a head with decent wine.
If you had to eat in the centre, I am afraid that it is almost all franchises although the Taipan Thai resturant in the theatre district is pretty good and would be about £35-40 a head for a three course with wine.

Any questions, PM or MSN me.
Ed

D

doink

ignore the restaurants and go to excape... 2 nights of snowboarding instead!

R

rhoamish

Odells in Newport Pagnell is quite a nice restaurant, and there's a couple of nice pubs there, too. It's about 10 minutes from MK.

The Carrington Arms is great, too, but you need to book. A fine 'gastropub', for carnivores. It's in a village between MK and Cranfield, but I've forgotten the name of it!

JonMace

What did you do to get sent there?:D

As I understand it MK is Britians largest open prison, once you get in it takes years to navigate round all the round abouts to get out again:rotfl:

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
JonMace said:
As I understand it MK is Britians largest open prison, once you get in it takes years to navigate round all the round abouts to get out again:rotfl:
This was a problem in marketing- if Milton Keynes were renamed "Chicane World" it would be considered alongside the Nurburgring for its challenging 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear corners. Probably.

SanPedro

JonMace said:
What did you do to get sent there?:D

LMFAO

the Mrs is exhibiting at some event in MK. I'm going along as designated driver and general gopher.

Good job the car has satnav :D

Bat-man

Back in the early 70's I helped design some of the buildings in MK.
OK - don't shoot me!

mh123

Chris Lamle said:
Good job the car has satnav :D

I'll give it 5 minutes before you are seriously peed off at the endless "take second exit at roundabout" type instructions.

GaryB

Distinguished Member
Useless fact. Regular drivers in MK wear out their left tyres faster than their right tyres because of all the roundabouts.

Light_User

Novice Member
I thoroughly recommend the LA Hind (Indian), next to the main train station. Or, Passage To India in Stony Stratford.

Try this link. It also lists restaurants in outlying towns/villages eg. Olney/Woburn (as previously mentioned by Ed) and there are some reviews:-

http://www.mkweb.co.uk/restaurants/home.asp

Update to useless fact provided by GaryB. Fiat Punto (FWD) driven mostly around Milton Keynes would only go 12k between tyre changes. :eek:

John

Ed Selley said:
This was a problem in marketing- if Milton Keynes were renamed "Chicane World" it would be considered alongside the Nurburgring for its challenging 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear corners. Probably.

Its always more fun going to MK without SWMBO and the kids in the car:devil: . Ends up a lot cheaper too :thumbsup:

John

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom