Going to France on Friday, can't find passport!

j4ck100

Established Member
Reaction score
Title sums it up really, torn the place apart & no luck. Does anyone know if you can get a same day or 2 day replacement or am I buggered?

Thanks

Looks like you're buggered. No premium service available for replacements.

Get a passport urgently - GOV.UK

Checked the pockets of the jacket you were wearing & bags you used on the last trip?

Had to use it as ID & "filed" it with whatever that was?

Was hoping that wouldn't be the case. So cheesed off, one more place I can think of that I will look tomorrow, fingers crossed but not holding my hopes too high! Yep looked coats bags etc nothing yet, cheers

My Dad uses his German photo ID to travel around Europe. He hasn't had a passport for years.

He has lived over here for 40 odd years.

No idea is this will help you though. Call the passport office

you can get one same day from the passport office within about 4 hours actually if you have held one before call the passport office and make an appointment asap

i paid 130 notes from memory the other year for a same day service as mine was due to expire...

you can get one same day from the passport office within about 4 hours actually if you have held one before call the passport office and make an appointment asap

i paid 130 notes from memory the other year for a same day service as mine was due to expire...
According to the info I linked to this isn't available for replacements, only renewals. I guess it can't hurt to make a call though.

Last edited:
According to the info I linked to this isn't available for replacements, only renewals. I guess it can't hurt to make a call though.

Thanks.

You would have thought they would have a swift emergency service for lost passports, they must have enough reason throughout any given year!

I had the same problem a few years ago. Ended up cancelling the trip. :(

Found it a couple of years later when we moved house. It was inside the cabinet of a set of drawers. It must have fallen out of the drawer and ended up inside the cabinet.

I had this problem a couple of years ago (actually was waiting for my passport to come back with a visa).
Same day service was only available for renewals OR if you say passport was stolen.

Postie delivered mine a couple of hours before I was due to go to the airport ...

Someone on another forum I frequent had this happen last year. She had to go miles away, think it may have been Peterborough?? to get it sorted the same day...then came home and found the original.

Found it! Pretty relieved to say the least, behind a bookcase (?!) must have slipped down behind or something. Called them and they confirmed you can't get a same day replacement anywhere for a lost or stolen passport, new rules or something.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom