1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to do my own shootout..:)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by museumsteve, Jun 6, 2002.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    only a couple of weeks ago I started to look at scalers/line doublers and tomoorw I'll be in a position to do my first very own shootout.:)
    I have a Quadscan on loan from a friend and a local distributor has loaned me a Deuce SDQ and tomorrow I'll be receiving (should be anyway) an Iscan Pro.
    I've already tried the Deuce SDQ with s-video and component in and both RGB (HD15) and component out into the Panasonic projector. The results were massively fdifferent with the RGB option being far superior in every way. The component output with line-doubler on gave a 625p signal to the PJ but the picture was not good at all, even jittery at times..
    I'll post my views on Sunday when I've done the deed..:) Anything I should be looking for in particular.??

2. Clueless

Clueless
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have an option of testing the Pro V and am looking to buy a scaler myself so would be interested in joining in.
    Am in the Southwest, can bring a NEC MT1050 & the Pro V if it arrives early enough.

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    sorry mate, it's a but of a private showing with just a couple of mates as my room is fairly limited. I will do a full write up though and will be as comprehensive as possible.
    I've played around with Quadscan and Deuce SDQ tonight but want to wait for Iscan before I get into it..:)