Going to buy an xbox 2moz, a few quick Q's

nufc_fan

Right decided to go for one, going into town to see where has best bundle for premium console, probs going to get GOW and some other games but havent decided which just yet, any advice is apprechiated.

I have a Medion HD ready 32" (Modelo MD 20099) max resolution 1366x768
and a wirless enabled dell inspiron 6000 laptop.

What is the best way to connect xbox to my tv, i believe i have a HDMI, VGA and component inputs.

I Want to connect it to the net but i have no phone socket in the xbox room and router is in another room. Therfore i need to be able to connect by wireless. I dont wanto pay the £60 for the wireless thingy. Is there anyother way involving my wireless laptop and how much does it cost etc?

Oh and is the 360 region limited with dvd playback?

Best bundels????

noshoulders

Novice Member
I reckon VGA's the connection for best picture.

what operating system is on the laptop?

don't know about region free-ness

and the best bundle is the ones the mobile phone companies are doing, 18month contract, free xbox 360 in 28 days... do a google search.

nufc_fan

using xp!

Just got a new 12 month contract a few months back so unfortunatly that isnt possible, thanks thougjh

gtcarling

I prefer the component connection to my plasma but its really each to there own really, try it with the lead it comes with if your not satisfied get the other one. I think the best bundles at the moment can be found at www.gamestation.co.uk £300 with 3 games checkout the gaming special offers forum all the latest are normally there. Pretty sure you can`t use your laptop to connect the xbox to live try and get a few quid of it when you buy the console.

noshoulders

Novice Member
yes you can connect via ethernet cable to your XP laptop if that has a wireless connection... you have to set up ICS (internet connection sharing) and it's a doddle in XP.

nufc_fan

yes you can connect via ethernet cable to your XP laptop if that has a wireless connection... you have to set up ICS (internet connection sharing) and it's a doddle in XP.

Any chance you could give a quick explanation on how to do this mate?

Sounds great, i already have some ethernet cables lying around, saves me £60 if it works

AudioSlim

You need an ethernet port on the PC and a wireless network card/wireless built in. Go into network settings and select both lan or wireless conection and right click then choose bridge connections from the menu.

Slim

Leighboyuk

Standard Member
Thanks guys!

Now i just need to decide on the games and which bundle!! haha
Top titles so far:

Project Gotham Racing 3
Call Of Duty 2
Gears Of War (although, I still have to yet play this one)
Ghost Recon: AW

Gobbo

Standard Member
I went to buy one this weekend, and noiced that Blockbuster had taken down the poster advertising their latest deal (see other posts). I happened to pass Gamesation on Saturday so just popped in went for their £339.99 deal.

Xbox 360 premium
+ 3 games of your choice (I went for GOW, COD3 and FIFA)
+ 1 game from a choice
I chose PGR3 and it came with the Extra wireless controller and xbox arcade

Not a bad deal, but check to see if Blockbuster are still doing their deal.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom