GOING SLIGHTLY MAD ... Budget of 15,000 Eur but need some help.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Leapy Leigh, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Leapy Leigh

Leapy Leigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all ... Well I am a virgin to this site but not to Home Cinema as I think over the last 6 months I have read every review and magazine known to man :)

I live in spain and have a 3rd floor , you could say it is the converted loft space which will become a dedicated home cinema room.

LAt is a L-shape including large stairs ,has tiled floors and wooded slanted ceilings and but the viewing area will be the foapproxng aprox sizes.

Lenght 4,96m by 3,4m - with the roof slanting up from 1,50 (screen end)to a max height of 2,70 then down to 0,5m where the seatign will be.

The distance from viewing to screenis 4,80, we are are going to buy a very low legged l-shapped sofa but our heads will be very close to the slanting roof. I will if it helps post somInitially !

Initiailly we had a guy come around from a local HC shop and he suggested the following set up

Pioneer 50 inch plasma

Pionneer VSX AX5ais

Pioneer DVD 868 avi

Mission Elegance speaker 5,1 set up ( with bookshelfs not full size fronts)

Marantz Remote and decent cabling

Digital Satelite

My other choice is for

Pioneer 50 icnh plasma .. probably PDPO 506xde

Arcam Diva AVR 300

Arcam Diva DV79

I guess I need help really on the speakers ... On a room this small is a full size speaker package too much over kill , we do have a baby int he house.

I was looking at maybe soemthig from BW, or Quad but am worried that the surrounds will be too close to the listengn position ???

The other idea I had was to maybe go for the BW mt-30 sub-sat package , has anyone tried these out ???

I will listen to soem music and mp3 ( probably streamed ) , and maybe will move to a larger house and maybe larger cinema room in the next 2 years .... So help me guys PLEASE !!!! :lease: :suicide:

2. Rahmorak

Rahmorak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Panny 50PHD8
    Lumagen Vision ProHDP (pro version has SDI mod)/Crystalio VPS2300 (or wait for next gen Scalers coming in next month or two)
    Arcam AVR-300 (I love how musical this amp sounds)
    Philips SDI modded DVD
    Philips Pronto remote

Speaker-wise something like the Anthony Gallo A'Diva series would probably go nicely but there are a lot of options in this price-bracket although a good sub like the Velodyne is essential.

R

3. mal60908

mal60908

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Defiantely a case of panel and scaler for the best possibile picture for your money.

A PHD8 sounds good to me.

4. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    I'd go for the arcam duo for sure. I've these in a demo room and they sound stunning.