Going round in circles choosing a camcorder!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by mauricewt, Oct 14, 2005.

1. mauricewt

mauricewt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Im so confused !!

You think you have found a camera that gets half decent reviews then someone else rips it to bits !

I am looking anywhere upto around £500 but i dont want to spend £500 on a camcorder that i wont see a massive difference over something for £250.

Been looking at the Sony HC models but it seems the only one worth buying is the HC90. I like the PC1000 (3 cmos) but is it worth it and its quite a bit over budget.

I just fell like getting a Sony HC19 or something for a couple of hundred quid and be done with it at the moment!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy something cheap, buy something sony, then wait for a couple of years when HDV will have dropped to the present day price of the PC1000, it's worth waiting, but get started with a cheapie.

A great starting point is the Panasonic GS120 which Jessops are doing a clearance on at £249.97, but hurry hurry

3. mauricewt

mauricewt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sounds good to me!

Cant find that model on jessops though??

4. Applespider

Applespider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know the feeling... I was there last month but came down on the side of the HC90. I considered the Canons and Panasonic 250 but they were bogh on the wrong side of £650 for me despite their great reviews. With many of the review sites being in the US, it appears that the the Canon and Panny are a similar price to the HC90 there, hence why it gets reviews for being poorer value.

I started off at the £250 end of the market but after playing with a few of the cameras, I went up to the HC90. The stabilisation on the cams at the lower end wasn't as good and since I know I don't have the steadiest hands, I figured that was a major advantage. The other thing was the colour the HC90 produced. Under the shop lights, the HC42's reds and pinks looked very odd.

The French 'Magazine Video' site has some sample clips from several cams to help you make up your mind. If that doesn't help, PM me and I'll mail you a link to my first HC90 video.

5. manj

manj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have a look on pixmania , 3 ccd panasonic