Going rate for pioneer lx5090

woppy101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting really bad upgraditis and the new Panasonic models have really caught my attention, so could anyone tell me what the going rate is for a pioneer lx5090? It has no warranty left but was fitted with a brand new screen by pioneer 18 months ago.

Many thanks for any replys :smashin:

I'm getting really bad upgraditis and the new Panasonic models have really caught my attention, so could anyone tell me what the going rate is for a pioneer lx5090? It has no warranty left but was fitted with a brand new screen by pioneer 18 months ago.

Not that much any more on here anyway i am afraid, i would say you would be lucky to get £600, best try the bay you will get well more imo.

Yes at the right price, my dad was so impressed with mine he wants one!

I would probz want £750 for it if I decided to sell it

If you have decided on a price can I request you post further in the classified forum.;)

To be extremely honest how can anyone say what is a correct or indeed incorrect price for something that from a performance perspective hasn't realistically and wholeheartedly been matched.

You can only base price on what people are prepared to pay and not what it is worth to an individual. Age,lack of warranty ,newer tvs etc make people reluctant to pay big bucks for a pioneer now , no matter how good.
( I sold my 8g for around £300 and wish now had kept it for another room )

You can only base price on what people are prepared to pay and not what it is worth to an individual. Age,lack of warranty ,newer tvs etc make people reluctant to pay big bucks for a pioneer now , no matter how good.
( I sold my 8g for around £300 and wish now had kept it for another room )

Age and warranty and the like is like opening a can of worms.

Because no two manufacturers are equally equipped with quality of components.

Some people also hammer their displays, whilst some don't.

You can only base price on what people are prepared to pay and not what it is worth to an individual.

I couldn't agree more - secondhand equipment is worth what someone will give you for it.

As a certain TV advert says, "simples". :)

Cheers,

Martin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It's what it's worth to you that's important. For example, if you would rather keep it than have 500 quid in your pocket then don't sell it for 500 quid. I know I would get less for my Pioneers than they are worth to me right now but I'm sure they'll be a time when I've upgraded (or upsized more likely!) that I feel I would be better off with some cash than having too many spare TV's even if that cash amount was less than I would have ideally wanted.

The amount of LX5090's for sale is frightening :confused: I saw a friend who put a 55" vt65 next to his LX5090 and the LX beats it in everything except the Vt has 3D we both agreed. I thought it would be closer, but it actually wasn't. Playing from an OPPO 95 the Pioneer was looking incredible. The Panasonic was good, but the Pioneer 'clearly' better in so many ways. But it's one of these thing's really.

Had a Fujitsu 58 which in some ways was as good as a Kuro and cost a damn sight more sell for a pittance, hence their fifty inch model once retailed for near £4K going for just a couple hundred quid. Bit of perspective for ya.

Last edited:

Based on what I have seen you could get around £650 for it on here.

I sold my 5090 tonight.
I bought an ST60 a couple of weeks back to replace it and after a week decided that the 5090 was better (my 5090 was better than my 500M, less dither and far, far sharper because of it, it was a good 'un).
The idea was to put the ST60 in the front room and get a few new features like all the apps, and move the 5090 into the conservatory, but as I said, much preferred the 5090, so the st60 went back.
Bought a Panny E6 for the conservatory, it looked nice and was cheap. Lasted a week. :D

I moved the 5090 into the conservatory, much better. However my wife had got used to the look of the E6, and have to agree it looks a lot nicer as a piece of furniture.
So I sold the Pioneer tonight and will buy a 42" ST60, but I know full well it is not as good as the Pioneer for overall viewing experience, and I have been the biggest Panny fan for years.

I sold mine for £750 with the undermount speaker and the stand, to think I will blow all that on a 42 ST60 makes me feel a little bit ill if I am honest. haha

Why someone would sell it for that money and then spend £2000 on a VT60 is beyond me. That really is a case of needing to buy a new toy imho.

gizlaroc

You wouldn't happen to have the side speaker cables you got with your 500M many moons ago still kicking about by any chance ?

Cheers

Last edited:
I sold my 5090 tonight.
I bought an ST60 a couple of weeks back to replace it and after a week decided that the 5090 was better (my 5090 was better than my 500M, less dither and far, far sharper because of it, it was a good 'un).
The idea was to put the ST60 in the front room and get a few new features like all the apps, and move the 5090 into the conservatory, but as I said, much preferred the 5090, so the st60 went back.
Bought a Panny E6 for the conservatory, it looked nice and was cheap. Lasted a week. :D

I moved the 5090 into the conservatory, much better. However my wife had got used to the look of the E6, and have to agree it looks a lot nicer as a piece of furniture.
So I sold the Pioneer tonight and will buy a 42" ST60, but I know full well it is not as good as the Pioneer for overall viewing experience, and I have been the biggest Panny fan for years.

I sold mine for £750 with the undermount speaker and the stand, to think I will blow all that on a 42 ST60 makes me feel a little bit ill if I am honest. haha

Why someone would sell it for that money and then spend £2000 on a VT60 is beyond me. That really is a case of needing to buy a new toy imho.

Most people who sell have probably had issues with the Pioneer, and probably want a bigger TV too. Simples really. :)

I sold my 5090 tonight.

And the ST60 is said to be no better than the ST50 so I am not surprised it isn't better than the Pioneer!

Panasonic TX-P50ST60: Full Review

gizlaroc

You wouldn't happen to have the side speaker cables you got with your 500M many moons ago still kicking about by any chance ?

Cheers

No mate, had a look tonight as I kept the accessories box for ages with everything in it, but think it has now been thrown.

But it is only cheap 79 strand cut to length.

No mate, had a look tonight as I kept the accessories box for ages with everything in it, but think it has now been thrown.

But it is only cheap 79 strand cut to length.

Yep, but unfortunately they are about £30.00 per cable because of the "unique" connectors that go into the back. Blooming cheek Pioneer had.

Would have offered something for them but thanks anyway

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom