• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Going rate for FMJ139?

Mr X

Distinguished Member
Thinking of getting rid of my beloved 139. Anyone know what the going rate would be can''t seem to find any recent examples.

stampo

Sold mine for £350 back in January

Mr X

Distinguished Member
Thanks. Wow, could be tempted to keep it, still such a good player.

Cheers

Damian1978

I would keep it too. Design classic.

Mr X

Distinguished Member
I would keep it too. Design classic.

Yep think I will. Was thinking about using the funds to get the new Oppo but at that money it's a keeper.

Thanks for your input.
:thumbsup:

Damian1978

Well I want the new Oppo BDP105 but even so I'll keep the DV139 :)

Mr X

Distinguished Member
Exactly what I've decided to do and it is the 105 that is tempting me :)

dazmb

Seen some on ebay go for £450. It is testament to how good it is that it's still in demand even after 5 or more years, and that it can still fetch that sort of value second hand when most DVD players can't be given away.

Same boat for me too with 105, but only for extra functionality it offers. I doubt it is a better listen* on DVD or CDP even if it has better SACD through not having to downgrade to PCM.

* And by that I mean it likely has a different sonic signature to the 139, but not necessarily better if you love the Arcam CDP sound.

Last edited:

MarkChat

Standard Member
There are two DV139 on eBay from a business account for £625 and £699 - used!

I was looking around for how much is a reasonable amount to sell mine for but I can't see them selling for that so I just put mine in the forum adverts here for closer to the going rate it seems.

Mr X

Distinguished Member
I agree think that's optimistic but thanks for the heads up.

Well I took the plunge and my 105 arrives today. Will be putting it head to head against the 139 on analogue to see (hear) the difference. Then need to decide whether to keep or sell it. Good luck with your sale :)

Damian1978

Be interesting to see how they fair via analogues :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom