Going mad! Poor picture quality with magiceye and samsung lcd tv

mackers67

Standard Member
Very confused and need advice!
Have a 40" samsung lcd in front room with built in freeview and sky+. The freeview or terrestrial was never used so fitted a digital aerial and got a crystal clear tv, freeview and sky picture. Had a cable running from rf output of sky+ to portable in kitchen which with magic eye gave crystal clear sky and tv picture.
Got new Samsung 26" lcd tv for back room - ran another cable from back of sky+ via rf output using 2 way slx2cf amplifier . Plugged in magic eye, hit plug and play and got crystal clear sky, tv and freeview. All tvs were crystal.
One night about a week after installation sky and tv picture in back room got a little grainy and lost freeview signal altogether. However, kitchen picture still great. A few days later all of a sudden all pictures crystal clear again in back room. A few days later worse than ever, in fact picture dire. Kitchen picture still fine.
Tried all connections, no change! Tried 26" samsung on kitchen lead, still poor. Tried another check by plugging 26" samsung into front room with direct aerial feed - tv picture improved slightly although still grainy and still no freeview. Just to make sure I wasn't going mad I tried the kitchen portable in back room and got perfect picture.
Tried changing fr output channel from 68 and re tuned but no change.
Am I going mad and have I missed anything obvious? Does it sound like the samsung aerial input has gone faulty and could this have been caused by the magiceye even though it's only 9v?

Many thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Does it sound like the samsung aerial input has gone faulty and could this have been caused by the magiceye even though it's only 9v?

It sounds like your new TV has an intermittent faulty tuner...nothing to do with the TV Link (magic eye).

mackers67

Standard Member
Thanks Jaycee, that's what I thought and appreciate reassurance. I haven't gone through many of the rf output channels and I reckon that would have affected it from the outset anyway.
Just a little concerned the amplified signal may have damaged the tv - haven't tested 40" samsung in back room for that reason although I suppose I should cos if it's fine then the other one's definitley cream crackered.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom