1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going insane!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Hopeful, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Hopeful

Hopeful

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Keen to take the plunge but going insane reading all the posts and trying to decide between the 32PF9986 and the LC32GA3E.

Also considering the 37GA3E as I can't go wider than 1m and definitely want the wow factor if I'm spending that much dosh!

Realise there may not be much more to say on these screens but finding it impossible to see them in shops and decide for myself.

Will be watching mainly Sky+ and some DVD. Frustrated at going to JL and Selfridges and seeing poor set up making expensive screens look awful.....

All advice gratefully received!

2. docjan_uk

docjan_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Assume youre talking of the sharp lcd's?

We were about to get the PW6 but long story short... the screen purchase is being put off to summer 2005 and the sharp 37 inch will either be bought then.. or some variant of it as prices should have dropped... also have a look at its successor which should be out then and overall prices of 37 inch lcds should be a bit lower then than now.
    Ive heard nothing but praise of the aquos line.. the 37 incher seems to be the PW6 of the LCD world.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    If you are considering the Sharp Titanium 'G' series and Philips 9986, if you have not done so already I would also consider the Loewe Xelos SL range. Many options to choose from, including integrated HD and D-TV/D-SAT. Price wise they start at RRP of the Sharp GD1E range, but you are unlikely to find them much discounted - Harrods are giving a free Loewe DVD recorder till the end of the month with the Xelos or the more pricey Spheros range.

Loewe are at www.loewe.de . Xelos is listed under TV range, Spheros is listed under systems.

-Ian