• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Going from CA Azur 640c to Rotel rcd-1072 - worth the upgrade?

daws0n

Hey,
I have recently replaced my azur 640a amplifier with a rotel ra-1062. Consequently, I am quite tempted to replace my azur cd player with a rcd-1072 which is meant to partner the amp. However, many of the reviews I've read comment that it is a poor performer in it's price range and it's DAC is only 18bit compared to the Azur's 24bit wolfson. Has anyone on here had experience with the rcd-1072 and can offer their opinion/advice?
Cheers,
Dawson

Pezerinno

Hi Dawson, I've heard the 1072 with the 1062 and it pairs very nicely (as one would expect) it is basically made for the 1062. I haven't heard the 640a so cannot make a comparison but I would have thought the rotel 1072 would make a nice upgrade. Best wait for other members to comment, I don't use CDP as a source so am probably not the best to answer.

I still haven't had a chance to play the Jeff DVD, prob be weekend now :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom