• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

going from 720p to 1080p

sem1604

Banned
Im looking to treat myself this xmas to a 1080p PJ, i currently have a Panasonic AE700 and dedicated room with complete light control (converted garage no windows 16' x 13'), I would ideally like to stick with LCD but would try a DLP (RBE permitting) if id get more for my money.

my budget is circa £1000 give or take £100-£200. Would also consider a good condition and decent hours second hand unit.

cheers
steven

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Mitsubishi HC5500 at £1150 from Roy Jowett is the best LCD in your price range.

But the Optoma HD20 (DLP) gives a better picture IMO for £900 if rainbows are not a problem and you don't need lens shift.:thumbsup:

sem1604

Banned
I have a recess/shelf for my AE700 which i need to use lens shift for - so it looks like the Mitsubishi - ho does that compare to a Sanyo Z700

Mad Monk

There's a fella selling new Sharp XV-Z20000's for around £1100 in the classifieds. For under £2-3k (or even more) there's not much that can touch it.

sem1604

Banned
thanks of to have a looksie:thumbsup:

sem1604

Banned
There's a fella selling new Sharp XV-Z20000's for around £1100 in the classifieds. For under £2-3k (or even more) there's not much that can touch it.

couldnt find em guess they've gone. thanks all the same

kbfern

Distinguished Member

sem1604

Banned
cheers found them - bit worried about the noise levels on the sharp so may pass it up.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Im looking to treat myself this xmas to a 1080p PJ, i currently have a Panasonic AE700 and dedicated room with complete light control (converted garage no windows 16' x 13'), I would ideally like to stick with LCD but would try a DLP (RBE permitting) if id get more for my money.

my budget is circa £1000 give or take £100-£200. Would also consider a good condition and decent hours second hand unit.
If you like to view both pj listed below in our demo room before purchasing please give me a call.
Mitsubishi HC5500 at £1150 from Roy Jowett is the best LCD in your price range.

But the Optoma HD20 (DLP) gives a better picture IMO for £900 if rainbows are not a problem and you don't need lens shift.

Regards. Shane

sem1604

Banned
"If you like to view both pj listed below in our demo room before purchasing please give me a call.

Regards. Shane"

may have to take you up on that - would i need to make an appointment and is there anything else around my price range £1200 tops worth viewing

thanks
steven

just a shame about the 5hr round trip

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom