Going for that dream Job

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

In 2006 i went on Holiday to Orlando, Florida and stayed at Disney. We did go to the other parks but Disney was the main focus. I completely fell in love with the place. I was 18 at the time and i felt like i was 10.:D and allowed me to be a child, something i fell i missed out because of family issues as i was growing up.

A year later, i returned to Disney for 2 weeks with a mate. It was as awesome as i remembered. People there have manners and are so easy to talk to.

After the Holiday i decided what i wanted to do is work for Disney and help give great memories to people like i got when i was there.

So far i've gone through a lengthly 8 month process to get a Job in Florida. It's to work as a waiter at an English Pub 'The Rose and Crown' on a 1 year basis

1st part of the process was to send off my CV. Luckily my experience in a Michelin Star restaurant for 6 years is certinly what they are looking for, so i got through to the second round. Second round was a telephone interview where they get to know more abput me and how i would tell the 'guests' about where i can from. Although i was very nervous and did mess up some answers, they were impressed and now i'm thprugh to the 3rd and final stage.

I've now got a Face 2 Face interview on the 24th October at the London Hammersmith and i'm so worried. I've gone every way i can to stand out. I'm hiring a suit out for the interview, train and hotel are sorted but now it's just a waiting game :rolleyes: I've invested alot of moeny just to get to this stage and i just really hope i do well enough to get this once in a lifetime oppertunity

Sorry to drag on :devil:

Good luck to you. If more people followed their dream, whatever it is, the world would be a better place :) You obviously come across as passionate about the place and that's on a forum so I shouldn't think you'll have too much trouble convincing the yanks face to face.

Let us know how you get on!

good luck (and i mean that) but just remember working the dream ain't quite the same a living the dream :)

Edit.... sorry if the last bit sounds a bit down :)

Good luck I hope you get the job. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, means alot

That was one aspect i had to think long and hard about before applying, working there is alot different than going there on Holiday

Not my cup of tea but gl to you. Following your dream is most definitely the way to go!!!

Good luck mate.

By the way is the pub in the disney resort?

Sorry if that sounds silly but I don't know if it's there and you mentioned you wanted to work for disney but are getting a job in an english pub out there.

Either way as I said good luck and don't panic, just give it your best. :smashin:

In the Epcot theme park, they have 12 miniture countries of the world like Japan, USA, Canada, Franch ect and i'm applying to work in the UK one which has a pub/restaurant and gift shop which is solely UK based on UK food/ The Beatles ect

To keep it authentic, Disney are looking for people from UK and the other counteries to work in the respective areas

I remember being at epcot about 16 years ago. This American lady took a fancy to my t-shirt and asked where I had bought it. When I answered "England" her response, in a broad American accent was priceless ....

.... "What, England here?"

She was a little disppointed when I told her I had bought it in the Real England.

Cheers,

Nigel

I know two people who have worked at Disney. It is extremely hard work but a VERY rewarding experience. You will meet friends from all over the world and because of Disney's attention to detail and total demand for perfection it will stand you in good stead for any future career path you choose to take. Best of luck!

Benchy you'll walk it, but good luck anyway.:thumbsup: This pub sounds great ! I'll look out for you when I'm over there next June. I'll be wearing an AVForums t-shirt.:D

I have been to orlando on holiday 4 times over the last 6 years and the food at the british put in epcot is gorgeous! Not sure if they still do it but last year they did steak & chips with guiness gravy MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Hopefully will be visiting again next year so may see you there!

Best of luck mate, really hope it all works out for you :smashin: Please let us know how the interview goes, will keep my fingers crossed for you. :thumbsup:

Best of luck mate. It's always nice to hear of someone following a dream. For most people the hardest part is trying to figure out what it is they want to do - you're one step ahead there. :smashin:

Blimey you've only been a mod for five minutes. It can't be that bad surely :D

Good luck with the interview. Like others have said, it is nice to know some people still follow their dream, and like you, I love Disney so much! :thumbsup:

I went to this pub in 2005, it was our last real family holiday all together and our parents 25th Wedding Anniversary. We pre-booked our table months in advance so we were right on the lakes edge, prime position for the fire-works display. It was a good thing we'd just finished eating when it started, with the wind direction that evening we were all covered in a thin layer of 'crap' :rotfl:

Edit: (This is not the pub, but part of the 'English' area)
img0298sc5.jpg

The only place in Orlando we could find to buy Cadbury's, at a simply crazy mark up, but a lot better than hershey's rubbish.

Last edited:
Yep, that's the gift shop if i remember rightly. When i went last year, they were filming the TV advert for the superbowl right outside of there. :D

I'm getting nervous now. I'm completely suited out now which has cost me nearly £200. Got all my legal documents that they need. Biggest issue is that i still don't have a hotel for thursday night in the london Hammersmith area:rolleyes: I can't seem to find one for £50 or under, so if anyone can point me in the right direction i'll appricate it alot

Last edited:
Cheers mate, i've just bagged a double bedded room in the earls court area which is 10 minues away from my interview for £50 inlcuding Breakfast.

I'm so thankfull as i'm pretty much all set now and nothing serious to worry about :smashin:

Cheers mate, i've just bagged a double bedded room in the earls court area which is 10 minues away from my interview for £50 inlcuding Breakfast.

I'm so thankfull as i'm pretty much all set now and nothing serious to worry about :smashin:

Great stuff, glad you found something on there. I have that site bookmarked for such occasions, touch wood it hasnt let me down yet.

All the best for the 24th :smashin:

I'm starting to panic.

I went for my interview and it went fairly well but i was left with no idea whether or not i would get chosen. Disney don't give any clue

They said it would take about 2 weeks for an answer. Going by previous years, if your not accepted, they send you an email and they telephone you if you have got the job.

I've heard nothing yet but people who were unsuccessful have recieved their emails this evening. Of course it could be a delay process of sending them out but i'm taking no news as good news.

I feel like i'm goin to have a heart attack :suicide:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you get it :) Always good to follow your dream so I hope it goes well for you :)

Well FINE, sod off to another country and desert us then! :rotfl:

Seriously, good luck, hope you get good news. :)

I've been looking at moving to Canada, but I've only just left university so I bet they'd want me working first to show I can be of use to someone!

Having just spent last week at Disney and having spoken to a number of English people working there I would say it isnt all as rosy it might seem. Not trying to put a dampener on things but I think you need to at least have a realistic view!

The people I spoke to just said it was something like slave labour and the hours they worked for the pay they got eventually knocked the 'holiday fun' out of them.

Visiting there and working there would be too completely different things imo!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom