Going for that dream Job

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
I know i'd loose to start with the bad exchange rate but like you said, it depends if there's fees involved, but it definitely could be an option for me.

Taken from your first post:
I'm hiring a suit out for the interview

I can't believe nobody has asked if you went as Mickey or Donald? :D

Anyway good luck with you living your dream, I hope it all works out as you expect.

I have booked my flights with Virgin Atlantic and they've sent me an e-ticket.

Anyone know how these work? Do i have to print off the email and take it with me to the airport? I've only used regular tickets in the past so this is new to me :D

We've been a few times. Great place. The last time I was there we met a Brit guy working there...he was in Epcot - not the pub but more of a kids area helping them with their world masks. He had been there for about 6 months and he was loving it.

Good luck mate. Happy happy smiles for the interview - without being creepy lol...and no dirty snow white & the seven dwalves jokes :devil:

cheers mate, but i already got the job :rotfl:

Yeah, the bloke you chatted with was in what they call the 'Kidcot fun stop' I wouldn't mind that kind of work there as we rotate jobs but i think you have to work in the gift shop to do that

I have booked my flights with Virgin Atlantic and they've sent me an e-ticket.

Anyone know how these work? Do i have to print off the email and take it with me to the airport? I've only used regular tickets in the past so this is new to me :D

Yep, all you need to do is take the printed e mail with you to the check in desk, good luck.:)

Bit late, but congratulations :) An inspiring thread too, good to see people go for their dreams.

I know it's a rude question so tell me to bu ger off if you want but i was wondering if you knew if the salary was reasonable and livable for the area. Would be interested to get a rough ball park idea for a role like you have got;)

No your fine.:D

I'm telling you now, when you do something like this, your not going to make a fortune.:rotfl:

Starting wage is $7.80 an hour. This is until you moved to a tipped position where it drops down to a very low $4.00 an hour. Reason for this is because you will get around 15% tip for every table you serve.

If you serve 2 tables an hour and each bill came to to the average of $50 bill, then you'll make $15 plus your $4 wage, so you'll end up earning a lot more in the long run

Hours are pretty good. Minimum of 35, most people do around 40 and they allow as much as 50 hours a week. Loads of free time to visit the parks

Disney will take $100 off a week in rent but it covers for all the housing, water, electric, HUGE swimming pool, broadband, Gym, transport to work. The only additional cost you will have is for food and going out

Disney will of course hand you loads of perks. Free entry into all their parks. 20-30% off all food and merchandise in the parks. 40-50% off hotels for visiting family and friends

Interesting, those aren't bad figures. You could have a tidy wage if you manage to bag tips.

You'll have to make a thread for updates and pictures as and when. Good luck

I think i worked it out that if i worked about 40 hours a week, after a years rent and food, i'll have about $7000 but i don't see myself coming home with any money by the time i've bought stuff, gone out and generally made the most of the year :rotfl:

cheers mate, but i already got the job :rotfl:

:rotfl: :suicide: don't know what the hell happened there...I blame Safari.

Well good luck anyway, I'm sure you'll have a fun time :D :thumbsup:

P.S. I've lived abroad for the past 2 years and love every moment.

...Will you still be working over there september 2010? If so will say 'hi' as we are booking soon for next year (waiting for the deals to start!)

I finish July 9th 2010 as i'm only there for the year.

The deals are there but Disney are keeping them for the when the kids are back at school. Currently they are doing 7 nights for the price of 4 and free basic dinning for your stay. I think both of those deals run till about mid June then they'll have a new promotion come september.

Also, Disney may decide to be less generous with their deals as the one i listed above has been very successful and all their parks have reached maximum visitor limits. you wouldn't know there's a recession on

found out they are offering free dining plan on the moderate and above hotels so far (early offers?) so will wait to see if there is any deals on the value (more kid friendly) hotels

Congrats, I worked in the US for a year and loved it. Best tip I can give you is just play on your accent with the US ladies, when I came back I had a stronger Yorkshire accent than when I left apparently!

I have eaten there when i went 4 years ago i loved it me and the other half are going back next year after we get married but we don't know yet.

If you go back before July next year when i'm there and we'll see about getting something special sorted for you, especially as you'll be newlyweds :smashin:

If you go back before July next year when i'm there and we'll see about getting something special sorted for you, especially as you'll be newlyweds :smashin:

So you can give us some idea of how to get 'extras' then for free?
:hiya:

So you can give us some idea of how to get 'extras' then for free?
:hiya:

Calling Disney in advance to say your celebrating something may result in them going a bit further for you on arrival. I meant more of cast members doing a 'congratulations' card or getting some balloons put on your table for dinner.

This is Disney we're talking about so don't expect freebies :D

OMG... I leave on Sunday which is just over 4 days. I'm sad about leaving my friends and nervous about the work but u i know it will be amazing if i make the most of it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom