1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going for LCD PJ demonstration next week

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by spondle, Jun 10, 2004.

1. spondle

spondle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could do with some advice on any good DVDs to take. I am interested in anything that might help show up the inherent flaws of the LCD system.

Thanks guys

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Avoid cartoons/animation. Look at something dark. Parts of "Unbreakable" are quite revealing. Oh....and watch it in as near total darkness as you can. Try to ensure its propertly set up (for contrast & brightness) if possible - a THX disc with the THX oprtimiser will help if necessary.

3. spondle

spondle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well after delays out of my control im booked and gonna see the z2 and tx100 in action on Monday - cant wait.

Has anyone been for a demo at Nexnix? Do they have a good selection of dvds to show?

4. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Nexnix were very accomodating when i went but didnt seem to have many (if any!) dvds at all... but then that may just be due to the fact that i'd brought my own so they didnt ask.

They do have a variety of WMV HD clips though so be sure to get a look at those :)

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    The bit of the Fifth Element where the girl (lelu?) is rebuild and she runs away and jumps into the air taxi is interesting for several reasons. Some sections are bright colur (reconstruction) and others are dark (police car with 4 policemen in). There are also deinterlacing tests in the rings of the tunnel. Finally the view down the city from the highj rise gives a good test of perspective. Pretty testing for any device imho in a 4 minute section.

6. MovieAddict

MovieAddict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yes, Nexnix are very good. When I went for a demo there late last year, the dvd's they had were Moulon Rouge and Star Wars - Attack of the Clones.
    I agree with Nigel, you need to try dark movies and also perhaps 'Pirates of the Carebbean' where there is a good mix of light, misty and dark scenes.

7. sean.pittaway

sean.pittaway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Something with planty of gray misty shots would alos help show any banding

I could see some banding on all of the Panny ae500's i looked at in the misty shots in lord of the rings (the second one) at the start of the film...